South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:39 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: campaign
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:54 pm 

WAR!!

** UPDATE **

Mike and Alex fight it out and again it's a draw. That's 2 for 2 battles and both haven been draws. Mike is able to push Alex back holding his province.

Rhys attacks Alex. Alex drops his entire army and gets first turn. Warriors push forward and after 2 turns have lost a unit of dogs and a unit of 3 skullcrushers. The other unit of 4 skullcrushers makes a 9" charge into a dwarf block with BSB. Trolls and 2 blocks of warriors make it to the dwarf line, only losing 2 trolls getting there. Alex put most of his shooting into the crushers. Warriors and trolls battle it out with a dwarf horde and smaller block. After a couple of turns of fighting both dwarf blocks break and run off the board, warriors also run off board (frenzy), trolls reform. On the other side of the field the crushers kill the dwarf unit, but the BSB (str 6) keeps killing off the crushers. Crusher break and dwarf BSB chases. Dwarf BSB chases the Crushers for a another turn (I chose to flee the crusher), but can't catch him (damn those short legs :wink: ). Alex only has left 2 artillery and handguners. Trolls Charge handgunners, beats them in the fight and runs them off the board. Warriors eye up the artillery, but the organ guns kills 11 of the 15 off warriors at point blank range. Warriors charge and kill remaining 2 artillery pieces for the win.

Very bloody battle, with heavy loses on both sides.

Current Map overview of campaign (Beginning of turn 7)

Mike and Rhys attacks Allan's province. This will be a three player match using the triumph and treachery rules. Alex not wanting to let the Warriors take his province counter attack the province he just lost.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by jtripper on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject: Re: campaign
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:32 pm 

What version of ninth age is everyone using atm?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:57 pm 

we are using 1.1 for campaign. But usually 1.3.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:21 pm 

Ah cool, when are you going to kick the campaign off?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:43 pm 

We are hoping beginning of July.

It's between Rhys, Mike, Alex and Alan.

We are finalizing the campaign rules over the next week or so.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:52 pm 

Turns 1 and 2 saw us capture provinces that were unclaimed.

Turn 3 Alex (dwarfs) and Mike (Orcs) attacked the same province. The resulting battle was bloody. Alex lost a lot of Dwarfs, thanks to some crap rolling and a Mikes flying Wyvren which slaughtered a
heap of ranges and a catapult, although it was not all the Orcs way. Mike's General was defeated (but not killed). The mighty Orc general is now carrying an injured arm (-1 the initiative).

Once the smoke and dust had settled, it ended up been a draw and both armies were pushed back to their starting province. Both sides lost about 1300 points of there starting 2500.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:10 pm 

Turn 5 saw Rhys and Alan square off. Mike also attacked Alan's province, but this battle is still yet to be fought.

This battle started of with my crushers failing their frenzy attack, then making a 12" charge into some empire huntsman. Alan's shooting was picking my warriors and second unit of crushers off, but I managed to get a spell off that let me move a brick of warriors (with general) up the table and right in front of his swordsmen and halberd horde. Damn fire wizard lvl 2, did a 3d6 fireball on my crusher unit and kill 2 out of three :oops: .

His knight unit - general with ruinfang, failed 2 charges at my chosen unit (which probably saved the game been a draw) and after breaking the infantry I was able to move behind and take out the volley gun.

Really good game and a few more lucky dice rolls for Alan, and this game could have gone either way. Victory to the Warriors. I lost 800 points and Alan about 1300.

Alan still has his battle with Mike which if we loses, puts his capital surrounded, by the warriors and orcs. Hopefully he can push the Orcs, back. But then the Warriors are also in a position to strike his capital.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 am 

Good way to do a campaign, nice and simple.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:28 am 

First game was great fun with Mike :D My Dwarfs were definitely outnumbered but it turns out they pack quite a punch and I played aggressively which paid off :P

Looking forward to the next battle and the next few turns are going to be interesting!

Rhys is doing a great job of managing the whole campaign!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:57 pm 

Alan loses to Mikes attack and is now on the ropes (more battle details to come). Chaos and Green skins surround Alan's capital, will the dark forces press their attack? Does or can Alex some how help to stop the dark tide?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:48 pm 

Map at beginning of turn 6