South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:33 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thoughts On Grav Follwing Conquest
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:31 pm 

So after the dust has settled following Conquest I've been thinking on how well the grav guns performed over the weekend.

I was only running the two grav guns in my bike squad but found them to be far more versatile than plasma guns would have been and with the speed of the bikes the 18in range wasn't an issue. The hit and run from the White Scars chapter tactics also works well with them because it allows you to escape combat if you had to get a little to close and ended up engaged.

I wouldn't expect them to be much use against vehicles unless your getting the amount of shots the Centurions can pump out, along with their grav amps to re-roll the results but I don't think my dice rolling was all that representative of "statisticly normal" all weekend either.
Has any one else had much experience with them yet?

Post subject: Re: Thoughts On Grav Follwing Conquest
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:58 am 

My Hive Tyrant and Trygon Prime certainly ddn't get "statistically normal results" against those things lol

Post subject: Re: Thoughts On Grav Follwing Conquest
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:47 pm 

Lols,
no they got what they deserved! You should have learned not to bring claws and maws to a gun fight by now noob. Hopefully in the new year I'll be eating those words though.

Yes the concussive effect is crazy good against MC's especially with the squad being baby sat by something as choppy as a chapter master. If you're looking down the throat of a Trygon Prime nothing says hello like two grav guns and assuming you don't kill it (along with the rest of the squads shooting) you've then neutered it cause it can't charge and expect to live when down to a couple of wounds and only swinging at initiative one.