South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:59 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Allies at big events
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:37 pm 

Quote:
On that note im starting to think my white scars might get put in the box for a while after Natcon. They do seem to be very powerful and I think for those fun events on the way they might be a bit much. Not sure what ill do but it might be back to grey knights until I see what the ork codex has to offer.

Oh, so you're that confident lol? We all know your dice are going to bend you over at the worst possible moment, dude!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:01 am 

Could you create a relatively restrictive set of rules with each entrant given 3 chances to submit a list with a request for the alleviation of restrictions provided they submit the list before X date?

So, if you have a fun/fluffy/ect list that runs afoul of restrictions you can submit it for approval (with sufficient time in advance) and then the powers that be will check it against cheese and if they find none give you the OK.

Adds extra administrative work but allows you the best of both worlds.

I would imagine most people would merely make their list within the restrictions. But people who have a long-standing fluff-centric list that breaks the restrictions have an avenue to get inclusion.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:14 am 

Quote:
We all know your dice are going to bend you over at the worst possible moment, dude!

Dice, the great leveler, oh how I hate thee. Without them we have no game and yet with them there is never any "average" roll, only the sublime and the ridiculous ever seem to be in evidence. Or is that just me?

On the White Scars, sure I expect to win more than half my games against opposition of similar skill level and experience. It would be nice to think it was down to my own skill but with this list I feel I'm at an advantage over anything but Eldar, Dark Eldar poison spam and Chaos Baledrake spam just because of the chapter tactics. I don't think that's a list that I should be taking to "fun" events is all I was meaning.