South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:13 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blood Angels Jump List
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:59 am 

Blood Angels Jump List

I will run the epistolary, priest and Dante with the 5 Sang guard as a nasty cc squad. The other priest may attach to a RAS Squad tasked with weathering high ap fire. It will be interesting to see Dante with I think 7 re-rolled attacks on the charge the Epistolary with up to 5 S10 force weapon attacks then the Sang guard with their 20 odd attacks all hopefully on preferred enemy and hit and run.
I should worry about the lack of invuns on Dantes squad but I am going to just select targets carefully, the HG and a CSed or full RAS can work with Dantes squad, melta slagging the worst of the CC monsters they will face if need be.

The Honour guard if not tasked with supporting Dante will work with the Vanguard as another CC unit fire support combo. If I get the reserve rolls I need all good, failing that I should at least get a combat squad of RAS with 2 meltas down the same turn to support the VV and/or Dante.
There are 13 meltas/infernus pistols in this army all able to deepstrike. The Vanguard vets are able to slag a parking lot with MB's too if they finish off cleaning out a firebase too soon and will scare even dreadknights with the MB's and thunder hammer (I hope). I would like another SS on this squad but don't want to change anything else.
One nasty unit, one resilent unit and lots of support. 35 scoring models. Total 49 models on the board.

Dante: 225
Epistolary:
Jump pack, unleash rage, sanguine sword 175
5 Honour Guard:
4 Meltaguns, Jump packs 205

Elites
2 Sanguinary Priests:
Jump packs, 150

Troops
5 Sanguinary Guard:
Chapter banner
2 Infernus pistols,
1 powerfist 260
10 RAS:
2 Meltaguns, 1 powerfist 235
10 RAS:
2 Meltaguns, 1 Thunder hammer 240
10 RAS:
2 Meltaguns, 1 Thunder hammer 240

Fast Attack:
5 Vanguard Veterans:
Sgt, Thunder hammer, 3 lightning claws,
3 meltabombs,
1 stormshield, jump packs 270

2000 pts

Any comments guys?

Last edited by Shaun on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Blood Angels Jump List
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:43 pm 

You plan on Deep striking everything?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:19 pm 

Yes and no, BA only scatter 1 D6 and Dantes squad do not scatter at all so all pretty much land in melta range everytime. Almost everything could deepstrike but only the Vanguard Vets can assault on deepstrike, they take out the ground shooters or assault S10 pie template weapons the rest may deepstrike or jump, it is situational. Holding the whole army in reserve is an option.
Its simple enough to deepstrike then run into a building or deepstrike 18 inches away out of LOS then assualt next turn.
BA can reroll failed reserve rolls you can get most of what you want where you want it if you have redundancy.
Every unit could deepstrike behind a guard tank and slag it even a guard gun line would have issues with the amount of melta and bombs, the squishies inside dont bother me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:51 pm 

Hmm, not keen on using my Mech Chaos against this....

I think you'll hammer any mech opponent or guard player, but a half-decent horde will eat you alive (literally!).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:08 pm 

Yeah I understand that but even a horde conga line can get in trouble squeezing round terrain, if I saturate assaults on one section of the horde and move quickly enough.
I wont change much for any specific enemy its an all comers list but the Epistolary has a few buffs which hurt low leadership horde groups and its easy to drop a few meltas for flamers.
I am not afraid to charge hordes with FNP and furious charge marines, backed by priests. 2 squads of 10 marines I5 with jump packs fly over terrain 12 inches then shoot 18 to 20 times then serve up almost 60 attacks on the charge. Stick the Epistolary in there with unleash rage (prefered enemy), fear the darkness (24" range to pass a morale test -2 modifier or fall back) or shackle soul (morale test to do anything) hitting 30-40 orcs or gaunts. If I Remember correctly hordes of orcs over about 10 are fearless or if they have a bosspole in there somewhere. If orcs lose combat and still number over about 10 then fearless virtually kills the rest off. Nids I don't know about but in synapse range might be the same.
Hordes usually walk, if they ride even better. I have no idea how this list this would go against Nobz or Biker Nobz though

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:36 pm 

shooting before you charge is almost always a risky move, because if you cause a few key casualties a wily opponent will remove casualties that compromises your ability to charge. Leaving you high and dry and most definitely getting charged in the next round. So I wouldn't factor that into your hitting power.

"My girlfriend digs it"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:36 am 

alphz wrote:
shooting before you charge is almost always a risky move, because if you cause a few key casualties a wily opponent will remove casualties that compromises your ability to charge. Leaving you high and dry and most definitely getting charged in the next round. So I wouldn't factor that into your hitting power.

Thanks for that, I won't :D

It is situational, I will be content with half the charge units on preferred enemy and all of the charge units with FC and FNP.
Most units dont like multiple assaults.
I have nothing in my army that shoots over 12 inches anyway :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:48 pm 

Yeah against ocks you wont be too bad, but bugs (apart from crappy gaunts, and who cares about hem anyway) will most likely have their wicked way. Genestealer mobs in particular....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:05 pm 

Yes it will be tough against death star lash swarm lord combos bubblewrapped in gaunts and stealers. Shadow in the warp is trouble too. Its either look for an opening and crash the front door in and try to take down the deathstar with a carefull multi assault, probably half my army in one go or dance around the edges and pick bits off going for kill points.
20 stealers are a handfull but if left unprotected will go down to massed fire.
Without a dreadnaught a second choppy honour guard and a few more storm shields I will have to be very very carefull. Its an all comers army so I cant be too caught up in one particular opponent thems the breaks in this game ( insert wry smiley thing. I like the simple beauty of an all jump army. After a few more games and later this year I will build my storm raven and get a dread but for now its all good :D

Last edited by Shaun on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:54 pm 

You in christchurch by any chance? What would you play drop for 1750, as thats apparently the standard number around here.

"My girlfriend digs it"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:11 am 

Nope i'm in Queenstown but would travel to play, there are a few of us in Queenstown but not that many. 1750 is simple enough to adjust this list to no problem. I hope to get up to Christchurch later this year.
I am stuck offshore at the moment its here where I build lists, it means I have time for 40K when I am home.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:34 am 

You can always come down to invers!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:40 pm 

Would be keen to give you a game whenever you are up this way!

Looking at your list further, I started to see that numbers aren't on your side. So casualties will be pretty telling, do you think it will be an issue or are you hoping tactical deep striking will minimise this? Although in todays age (5th edition) I wouldn't count on much cover blocking LOS.

"My girlfriend digs it"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:43 pm 

I will definitely travel down to Invers to play no problem. I also run a bike/speeder ravenwing list and a Dark Angel double wing list but am pretty taken with Blood Angels.

Numbers are not on my side but there are enough there, almost the whole army correctly deployed has FNP and FC :D