South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:28 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FOW data
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:07 pm 

Flames of War
SouthCon 2013

Venue: Forbury Raceway and Function Centre.
Date: 1st-2nd June, Queens Birthday weekend .
Umpire: Richard Bell, belri833@outlook.com
Registration Fee: $40
Army Lists: Mid War less than 1500pts, all official lists, others considered by application with relevant Historical Evidence able to be produced on Tournament day before first round played.
Format: limited entry, Axis versus Allies, 6 rounds of Round Robin Play, 3 rounds on Saturday and 3 on Sunday, Missions set to tables and tables’ historical representations of actual battles. First in first served.
Recognition: Best Allied and Axis Generals, Best painted, Best sportsman. Trophies and medallions with during play entertainment spot awards.
Further Details: Full Registration details and player packs available at WWW.OMTS.ORG.NZ.

This tournament is played in a fun and friendly spirit with a strong historical flavor and is an excellent starting point for a new player to the tournament scene as well as offering a challenge for the seasoned player by rubbing shoulders with some of the South Islands most successful players (they know who they are).
The innovative format places emphasis on historical forces and consistent results without the intervention of soft scores, rewarding both outstanding Axis and Allied Generals.
In keeping with past year’s positive feedback the missions will continue to be table based and may involve some missions not usually encountered at Tournaments.
A number of fully painted and diverse Armies can be provided by OMTS and the Umpire for the starting out player or space limited travelling player on request.
The Umpires focus is on running an enjoyable and action packed tournament with the high drama on the tables and nowhere else, full transparency on each rounds scores and a running Axis vs. Allies theme to spice up the action as well as in-play recognition fun awards to add some laughter.
See you all soon, Rich.

Post subject: Re: FOW data
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:19 pm 

Hi guys,

The Invercargill guys this year are going allied so lots of axis spots... I will email you all shortly directly please note my new email address for communication...On the FOW post...

Some old foes this year are having a FOW break so some real opportunities for some new players to shine....

See you all soon...

Cheers Rich

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:39 pm 

Looks like I'll be coming down for this

Quick question do you really mean less then 1500?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:04 am 

Hi Sirius,

The player pack makes it clearer 1500 exactly is fine but 1505 pts is not...

We are having some technical difficulties with website but all sorted soon I promise...

Smile...let me know if theres anything else I can help with...

Cheers Rich

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:44 pm 

Hi Rich

I can go...I can play either Allies or Axis. Just let me know what you need. Can I pay you the $40.00 when I see you?

Cheers
Jeff