South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:51 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SouthCon 2015 40K 1850 Singles Tournament (Note Change)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:47 pm 

Otago Miniature Tacticians Society Inc.
Presents: SouthCon 2015: Warhammer 40,000 SinglesTournament

Updated 24/04/2015
Umpired by Ross McMillan [r.g.mcmillan322@gmail.com].

General Format:
Army Size: 1850 points
Rounds: 5 scenarios
Game length: 2 ½ hours max each game.
Matches: Every effort will be made to match people with new opponents.
This tournament is run by the Otago Miniature Tacticians Society [OMTS] and is umpired by Ross McMillan

How The Tournament Works
• Competitors will participate in five (5) games over the course of the weekend. In each game, you will play a scenario and record
the outcome of the battle on your results sheet. Each round you will play a different opponent.
• In the first round, players will be matched up randomly. All attempts will be made to make sure that groups traveling together do
not have to play against each other.
• You should never play the same opponent twice in the tournament. If, for some reason, you are paired against someone you
have already played, alert a judge who will see about moving you up or down a spot on the tables so that no delays in game play
occur.
• Each round will be posted as soon as they are determined. The published schedule will have the start times for
each round and those rounds will begin on time (unless some unforeseen circumstance delays them). Please be sure to arrive at
your table ready to play and on time. We ask that each player be conscious of the time and that you play at a regular and steady
pace to complete the game. Anyone found slow playing or deliberately stalling for any reason will be penalized.
• Each game will be played on a 4' x 6' board with set terrain features. Players should agree before the game begins on how the
scenery should have cover saves.
• Players will receive Results Sheets at the beginning of each round. Each results sheet must be filled in properly to ensure that
matchups and points totals are correct. Once Results Sheets are completed, they are to be turned in at the scoring table so the
scores can be entered into the computer.

Refreshments are available throughout the weekend

This tournament has two components: Tournament and Game points.
∙ Tournament Points are awarded for properly painted armies, completed army lists and for sporting behaviour.
∙ Game Points are awarded for winning games, secret missions and victory points.

Main Tournament awards
∙ The ADEPTUS ADMINISTRATUM: WARMASTER STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE is awarded to the army with the highest number of Game Points and Tournament Points.
∙ The PARADE MASTERS AWARD (Master Artificer award) is awarded to the best Army at the event, voted for by the players. (Best looking and unit composition)
∙ The HOLY RELIC AWARD is given to the best of the objective markers, voted for by the players.
∙ The SNIKROT’S SNEAKY GITZ AWARD goes to the Army who completed the most secret missions.
∙ The SCHAEFFER’S LAST CHANCERS AWARD goes to the Army with the lowest Game Points score.
∙ The PURITY SEAL is awarded to the Army with the most Favourite Opponent votes.
∙ The CHIEF LIBRARIAN McKenna’s COMMENDATION is given to the winning team of the Warhammer 40K quiz.

Army Selection:
Southcon 2015 will be run under the 7th Edition Warhammer 40,000 rule book.
All armies must use an official CODEX that has been published and released in New Zealand before 30th April 2015.
No more than 1850points may be spent on the creation of your army.
Armies must follow all the restrictions on army selection from their own Codex and the Warhammer 40k Rulebook pages 116 to 127.
Only Approved Army Lists may be taken in the Tournament.
When a new Codex is released, the newest version of the book will be used as long as it was released at least 1 month prior to the event. If a book has been out less than 1 month, both Codexes are valid.
Weapons, armour and upgrades must be represented on the models Proxies will not be allowed.
Suitable representations will be ok providing they are of an appropriate size and mounted on the correct size base.
Models should also be appropriately painted and based.
Forge World models are permitted in the Tournament.

Games will be played with open lists.
Army Composition Each Army must be composed of a Battle-forged army force organisation structure. Each Force must have a primary detachment of at least 500 points, and must have one HQ and one Troop choice. The Army must be no more than a total of 1850 points; Army selection must adhere to THE RULES (pages 116 to 127) Space Wolves do not disregard their HQ rule, Any army with the ability to turn non-troops into troops by taking a certain commander may do so if they take that commander.

Each Army will be required to bring three objective markers with them for the weekend. These should be themed to your Army, and based on 40mm (Terminator sized) round bases. These objectives will be used in the scenarios as described in the pack.

Your models must be
o Painted in appropriate colours.
o Based - textured and/ or painted
Your models may be
o Modelled using creative posing, thematic adornments and appropriate conversions.

Approved Army Lists
• Codex: All factions listed before 30th April 2015
• Supplements are allowed
• Dataslates will be in use

1. Armies will not exceed 1850 Points across all Detachments.

2. Armies may be constructed from a maximum of 2 Detachments (as defined in THE RULES), no more than one of which may be a Combined Arms Detatchment.

3. Allied Detachments may be selected from the same Faction as the Primary Detachment.
a. Formations are permitted as one of the 2 detachments, but not Apocalypse or Fortification Formations.

4. Detachments may be produced from a maximum of one Codex / Codex Supplement.
a. Example – You may not selectively include units within one CAD from both Codex: Tau and Codex Supplement: Farsight Enclaves, despite them being within the same Faction per the Detachment creation rules.
b. Exception – Units available to various Factions by means other than the primary or supplemental Codex are permitted (e.g., Dataslate Characters, Forgeworld 40K approved units where allowed).

5. 0-1 Fortification chosen from the following list. All of the rules may be found in the Stronghold Assault supplement. Please note – the following is just the shared list; additional Fortifications are allowed within the event-specific variances listed below.
a. Aegis Defense Line
b. Imperial Bastion
c. Skyshield Landing Platform
d. Firestorm Redoubt
e. Vengeance Weapons Battery
f. Void Shield Generator (must meet the measurements of the official model)
Some fortifications can take upgrades as per Stronghold Assault rules.

6. Conjured Units are considered to be under your control, but not part of any Detachment. As a result, benefits from your Warlord such as Conqueror of Cities and benefits granted by being a part of a given detachment do not apply to Conjured Units. Furthermore, as a RAW clarification, Conjured Models interact with other models as per the Allies Matrix, regardless of the Faction that summoned them.

For each game, players will play a Mission. These Missions are based on the ones in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook pgs 128 to153 and will be using two Eternal War and two Maelstrom of War Mission Tables with the fifth table decided by dice roll.

Winning the primary mission earns that player its points. Any bonus points earned via Warlord traits, etc. apply to the primary mission only. For example, if your Warlord becomes a scoring unit, that will only apply to the primary mission.
o There is a maximum of 12 points per table.
o Each table will have a predetermined theme, scenario and victory conditions.
o If you are placing a large Fortification that would displace a piece of terrain already on the board, the opposing player can choose whether to remove or relocate any terrain displaced by any Fortification. Fortifications and displaced terrain must be entirely within the owning player’s deployment zone.
o At the start of each game your Warlord Trait is determined as per The Rules page 125 or from your CAD codex.

if you still have any questions, please contact the Ross McMillan at: info@omts.org.nz or r.g.mcmillan322@gmail.com

Last edited by Mad_Mac on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: SouthCon 2015 40K Doubles
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:54 pm 

I have simplified Army Composition:

Each Army must be composed of two Forces, played by two different people.
Either force may be constructed using either Unbound or Battle-forged army force organisation structure.
Each Force must have a primary detachment of at least 500 points, and must have one HQ and one Troop choice.
The Army must be no more than a total of 2000 points;
Army selection must adhere to THE RULES (pages 116 to 127)
Space Wolves do not disregard their HQ rule,
Any army with the ability to turn non-troops into troops by taking a certain commander may do so if they take that commander. All Fortifications other than the Fortress of Redemption are allowed.

Approved Army Lists
• Codex: All factions listed before 30th April 2015
• Supplements are allowed
• Dataslates will be in use

Your models must be
o Painted in appropriate colours.
o Based - textured and/ or painted
Your models may be
o Modelled using creative posing, thematic adornments and appropriate conversions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:43 pm 

Is this a legal list with the restrictions you have placed:

Player1
Combined Arms detachment (Astra Militarium) Primary detachment;
Commisair Lord
2x veterans
wyrvn
warhound titan

The Heroes' Path formation:
Death Jester
Shadowseer
Solitaire

Inquisitoral detachment
Ordos Xenos inquisitor

Player 1 1265 pts

Player 2
Flesh Tearers Strike Force Primary detachment:
Librarian
Scout squad
drop pod
knight castigator

Skitarii maniple
2x skitarii vangurd
dunecrawler

player 2 735pts

Last edited by ultra papa smurf on Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:48 pm 

I know I'm not the TO but does this add to 500pt

Quote:
Flesh Tearers Strike Force Primary detachment:
Librarian
Scout squad
drop pod

Because by what I read it was stated that each primary detachment requires at least 500 pt

I hope I read it correctly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:46 pm 

Ahh, I miss read that as each players force must be at least 500pts. So I remove the knight detachment and add a FW one that occupies a LOW slot to the Flesh Tearers detachment.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:53 am 

Well picked up
Quote:
each primary detachment requires at least 500 pts
by
Quote:
TheDead
and good quick fix.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:11 pm 

It has been asked ...

"for southcon warhammer 40k do you want to make it single player instead of doubles like last year? we only had 6 people enter last year and we think the double set up put them off so we were thinking single player at say 1850 points would be better, your thoughts?"

I am happy to change the set up to a single tournament if it would be preferred.

Please post your preference and thoughts here or email me r.g.mcmillan322@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:01 am 

Id make it down if it was singles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:15 pm 

Thanks for the comments ... It has got me thinking and I agree that unbound is not appropriate at a tournament ... and would prefer it to be a fun balanced tournament.

I will make a decision on wether a 2000Doubles or 1850Single tournament on Sunday night; so please make suggestions and post ideas.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:49 pm 

Decision is to change to 1850 points singles ... sorry for those of you who prefer doubles, but few spoke up!
After checking some of the new codices, units and fortifications, I have decided to put in limits of
• one Combined Arms Detachment
• one allied detachment
• one formation
• one fortification (upgrades allowed)
• data slates,
Approved fortifications:
• Aegis Defense Line
• Bastion
• Firestorm Redoubt
• Skyshield Landing Pad
•Vengeance Weapon Battery
• Void Shield Generator (must meet the measurements of the official model)
Some fortifications can take upgrades as per Stronghold Assault rules.
More details in the upcoming revised player pack.

Please post thoughts and suggestions as player pack will be written before Friday Night 24/4/15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:25 pm 

have the option to swap the combined arms detachment out for a codex detachment. Or better yet, instead of combined arms and an allied detachment just make it a 2 detachments chosen from any source as per the rulebook.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:58 pm 

ultra papa smurf wrote:
have the option to swap the combined arms detachment out for a codex detachment. Or better yet, instead of combined arms and an allied detachment just make it a 2 detachments chosen from any source as per the rulebook.

Good question; Highly possible so will consider ... confirm on Friday.

Post subject: Re: SouthCon 2015 40K 1850 Singles Tournament (Note Change)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:20 pm 

Plasma obliterator fortification? I like that James, I would want to use my sw detachments. Would you consider codex detachments?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:27 pm 

Quote:
• one Combined Arms Detachment
• one allied detachment

This is already one thing anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:59 pm 

I am waiting for my Eldar Codex to land this weekend but I will likely register and use Eldar for this. Just to keep that "The Dead" guy on the straight and narrow.