South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:19 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bolt Action 2014
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:17 am 

I'm well on track to have my British army completed before the sign up/pay period closes, so you can pretty much count me in. I'll post again when I've paid at CC.

Can I just confirm that the points limit has been changed from 1000, now down to 800? When you say infantry based list from any current book, what is that ruling out? I'm assuming it rules out only tank war lists, or are you not allowing something else? Sorry for all the questions, but as I'm going to have to re-write my list for the new points I thought I had better make sure I don't include anything I shouldn't :)

I'm looking forward to it. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:16 pm 

Yes the points have dropped to 800 points, means that a early war list can go up against a late war list and have a chance. Nothing is ruled out except a list from Tank war, so any lists from any books and PDF's. I will be getting in touch with those players who have already signed up next week, so if you want me to check your list I can.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:26 pm 

That's great, thank you. Count me as in for definite. I won't be able to buy my entry for a couple of weeks though as all my spare case has been spent on getting the army :)

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:45 pm 

You can count me in as well. I have a force of Kiwis in Italy ready. I'm currently registered in the 40k tournament but have had to drop out because my army isnt ready. I'll contact comics and see if they can transfer my entry over.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:17 am 

I will bring my Japanese IJA Nathan on Saturday, not sure on Sunday yet.

Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:33 am 

Hi Maginhold, have you sent out more information for the tourney yet? havent recieved anything yet, so just checking.
So it seems the main day is Saturday, which I can attend but I may give Sunday a miss.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:59 am 

Hi all, at the moment the plan is still to play three games on Saturday with Sunday being optional. However the big thing is that we need people to sign up, so if you could please go into Comics some time this week and enrol. This will allow me to work out howmany tables we will need and how many games to plan for. I have been busy making three tables, including a farm, a small village and a V1 site. I will post a new update next Sunday

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:15 pm 

Maginhold wrote:
So here's whats going to be happening for the Bolt Action comp
We have three confirmed players and one highly likely player, we only need four for the comp to happen, so looking good.

Hi Maginhold,
On the 2014 Conquest Entries post it lists only 2 signed up. Since you made the post containing the above quote saying 3 were confirmed, I have confirmed my place also.

Just wanting to make sure we're still on and it was only a typo in the other thread or something?

I'm looking forward to it. Nearly got my army fully painted, a few more late nights and I'll be sorted. :)

Thanks
James

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:33 pm 

Hi, when I made that post it was three confirmed, then one swapped over to 40K, now it's back to three with you, I know there is a fourth who is able to play Saturday and possibly Sunday. I have a fifth who could play Sunday so thats okay. I will make the final call on Wednesday evening.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:56 pm 

Great stuff, thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:19 pm 

Sorry guys but I have been called into work this Saturday due to unforeseen circumstances. Have fun everyone.

Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:41 pm 

Excited to see the entries post has been updated to show 4 players for BA now. Not long to go, very exciting. :)

Assuming that's enough players to go ahead (really hope it is) has there been anything emailed out that I've missed with times, scenarios, rules (other than in this thread) etc? No worries if not, I just know there was a plan to email something out a few weeks ago and I may not have paid and signed up officially at that point.

I'm also going to see what I can do to come down Friday evening to help with set up if you need it Maginhold? I'm not sure that I will definitely be able to, what with living in Rangiora and having some *insert rude word* smash the back of our car up. Borrowing one at the mo, so it's a bit in the air as to when we can and can't use it. That said, if the weather is OK, I could take the bike for a spin. Let me know if you would appreciate/need some help.

Cheers
James

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:40 pm 

I've confirmed my entry at comics. If Jeff cant make it do we still have 4?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:42 pm 

Yep, Jeff isn't one of the four players so it's good to go.

Cheers
Tim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:57 pm 

Hi Guys, As Tim said we are a go :D

Saturday will be three games, no more than 2.5 hours each this way everyone plays everyone else. Sunday can be decided on Saturday. Please be at the Tournament by 8:45 for a quick talk and aiming to start at 9am. Could you please bring a written copy of your list and a pen, as well as your normal gaming gear. Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday.