South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:40 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: XWing Conquest 2014
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:17 am 

This is a dump of an email sent by Simon/Robert the TO's.

Hi All,

we're looking forward to seeing you in less than two weeks for an awesome event. While Robert and I are helping out on the day, I have to give a big thank-you to Tim and everyone at Comics Compulsion as well as Fantasy Flight for setting up and supporting this event.

Remember; while we are aiming for a super-fun event, this is an official, regional Fantasty Flight tournament meaning that you will need to bring the cards for the ships/pilots as well as their upgrade cards as per the tournament rules referenced in Robert's email below. i.e. Printed lists will not be accepted on the day without the relevant cards. So if you need to snap up another blister for that third stealth device or that vital C3PO card, get hold of Comics Compulsion pronto!

...and don't forget your 6 asteroids and turning templates!

At present we are looking at close to over 20 entries with 1 week left before registration close so if you have any friends or family members who would like to participate please don’t hesitate to have them join us but make sure that they know that they have till the 26th to register and forward their Squadron list.
Most importantly make sure you have sent Robert your Squadron list by the 26th and also are also aware of the time schedule so that everyone is on time for the start of the games.

Squadron List (VERY IMPORTANT)

Your Squadron List must be emailed to me at robertinnz@hotmail.com before the 26th of October 2014 so we can compile all the list and insert them in the tournament booklet, the sooner the better.
To make it easy you can use the Squadron Builder listed below and forward me your list by using the share tab and choosing one of the 2 option listed below
Web Link: if you have created a log in then you can choose this option once you have saved your list and email me the link that the application will provide to you when you click on the Web Link button.
Forum or Email: This option will give you a block of text to copy on an email that you send to me
http://xwing-builder.co.uk

Squadron Composition
All non-epic Ships from Wave 1 to 4 including Rebel Aces will be allowed. i.e. no tantive or rebel transport.

FFG Updated Rules for 2014 X-wing Regional
FFG just issued a updated version of the FAQ and tournament rule set, since that we are still 2 weeks away from tournament it will give enough time to the participants to familiarised themselves with the new changes before tournament weekend.
Core Set Rules + "FFG" X-Wing FAQ Version 2.2 / Updated 09.26.2014
"FFG" Std. Play Tournament Rules Version 2.2.1/Updated 10.16.2014
A copy of those will be included in the tournament booklet but if you want to access them right away you can find them at:
FAQ – Low Res
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_c ... ow-res.pdf
Tournament Rules
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_c ... -Rules.pdf
Game Schedule
Game time 75 minutes and therefore games run at 90min increments. We'll break for an hour lunch between games 2&3 on both days. Rough running of the day is proposed as follows:
On Day one and two be at the club 10-15 minutes before the first games game of the day so that there isn’t any delay in the daily schedule.

o Day 1
 0900 - Start (SHARP)
 0930 - Game 1
 1100 - Game 2
 1230 - Lunch
 1330 - Game 3
 1500 - Game 4
 1630 – End of Day 1

o Day 2
 0900 - Start
 0930 - Game 1
 1100 - Game 2
 1230 - Lunch
 1330 - Game 3
 1500 – End of Day 2
 1530 – Award Presentation

Tournament Location
St Albans Shirley Workings men’s Club
269 Hills Rd Mairehau 8013
+64 3-385 1632
https://plus.google.com/107986741757963 ... l=nz&hl=en

Game Scoring
If you have any question in regards with the scoring please contact Simon at: simacdonal67@hotmail.com

Margin of Victory - Play Tournament Rules Version 2.2.1/Updated 10.16.2014
Full description in the tournament rules, but thankfully I'll be running the "X-wing TO" app on my iphone. As a result all I'll need is a simple "how many points I killed" from both players at the end of the game. The rest of the "Margin of victory" computations take place in the miracle that is an iPhone so, no need for hard sums, abacus or calculators on the day.

Participants List (as of 19-10-2014)

Robert Adcock
Justin Driver
Ben Drummond
Andrew Flanagan
Blair Gray
Anthony Henning
Stephen Hoare
Hendrix Hobson
Tim Kibble White
Jarred Klempel
Luca Le Fevre
Simon Macdonald
Scott James Pilkington
Robert St-Denis
Allan Stoddart
William Stoneley
Ainsley Taylor
Chris Wiliam
Martin Wilkinson
Geoff Yardley

Post subject: Re: XWing Conquest 2014
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:42 am 

It’s good to finally get information on the X-Wing tournament at Conquest, but it’s very late to get it. Its only 5 days till the lists are due and to late for me to organise days off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:17 pm 

Hi Jason

Its a shame you can't make it along, but the dates of Conquest have been available since March. The details as posted here is just the group email that was sent out to the people already signed up and confirming what they already mostly knew. It was always stated that the comp was to be run as per the required tournament rules which are standard and available online. We put all the details up in store and on our facebook page.

Cheers

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:39 pm 

Jason wrote:
It’s good to finally get information on the X-Wing tournament at Conquest, but it’s very late to get it. Its only 5 days till the lists are due and to late for me to organise days off.

Yeh sorry you can't make it Jase, I only got the email this morning and asked Simon if I could post it because I knew some people who had no idea what was happening.