South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:41 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Conquest 2017 - Fantasy gaming
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:29 pm 

Oye oye gente dame et noble damoiseaux!

You've been patiently waiting for Conquest player pack for Fantasy and here it is :)

Conquest 2017 - Fantasy gaming

Join the fun at Christchurch biggest wargaming event!!!

When: Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th November

Where: Woolston Club Inc. @ 43 Hargood Street, Woolston, CHCH

Registration and cost: $20 per day or free entry if you spend $150 at Comics Compulsion.
Please register and organise payment for the event with Comics Compulsion @ 58 Main North Road, Papanui, CHCH (03 354 1285, comicscompulsion@outlook.com or in person at the shop).

What: the format for Conquest 2017 Fantasy gaming will be relaxed with an emphasis on promoting the game systems played.

Saturday will be Age of Sigmar skirmish, which is a really nice and easy way to have a go at GW current fantasy setup. And Sunday will be Warhammer Fantasy – 9th Age rules 1.1.0 to play old school rank and file fantasy games.

AoS skirmish will be starting with warbands of 35 renown and these will grow as the day progresses. Warband rosters will be checked on the day.

9th Age games will be using 1500 pts armies. Please send me your army list by Friday 3rd of November so I can quickly check them!

Expect fun scenarios and gaming!

Expect spot prizes and a painting prize for each system.

Tools of war: You will need a tape measure and dice.

For AoS skirmish, you will need the AoS rules (free to download from GW website), the skirmish rules (you can get them at Comics Compulsion) and your faction warscrolls.
For 9th Age, you will need a copy of the rulebook, the magic book, and your faction army book. I have a copy of all of these so please get in touch with me before the event if you need those.

This is also a display event to showcase our hobby! Your warband (AoS skirmish) and/or your army (9th Age) will need to be painted with a minimum of 3 colours and based (one colour on the base is fine).

Timetable: (subject to change on the day)

Saturday – AoS skirmish

8:30am - Set up
9:00am to 10:00am – Game 1
10:00am to 11:00am – Game 2
11:00am to 12:00pm – Game 3
12:00pm to 1:00pm – Lunch break
1:00pm to 2:00 pm – Game 4
2:00pm to 3:00 pm – Game 5
3:00pm to 4:00pm – Game 6

Games for AoS skirmish should only be taking between 45 minutes to 1 hour so the timetable for the day is pretty relaxed.

Sunday – 9th Age Fantasy battles

8:30am – Set up
9:00am to 10:30am – Game 1
10:30am to 12:00pm – Game 2
12:00pm to 1:00pm – Lunch break
1:00pm to 2:30pm – Game 3
2:30pm to 4:00pm – Game 4

This timetable might be optimistic depending on how the cats are herded… so if it is pushing a bit we might drop one game!

Any question, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me or Comics Compulsion! My email address is alexandremichel.nc@hotmail.fr and I’m also on Facebook and on the South Island Wargaming forum (StarVagabond).