South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:29 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Warclouds 2017 40k
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:15 pm 

OVERVIEW
Warclouds over Woolston is the Woolston Gaming Club’s annual event.
For 40K it will once again be a doubles event however it will be a narrative event rather than a tournament.
There will be prizes for painting, sportsmanship and some battle honours however there will not be a 1st, 2nd or 3rd as these are not going to be measured.
The Tournament Organiser will be JD (James Piesse) though all official announcements will be made using the "Christchurch FortyThousand EventOrganiser" facebook account.

PAYMENT AND LIST SUBMISSION
-Payments of $30 per player are to be made into the following bank account 389005075356301 before the end of Sunday the 29th of January. It is important that the first reference is "War40K" and the second reference is your name. There are multiple competitions going on and I do not have access to the accounts. If you have not paid then you will not play. (I might accept cash on the day by prior arrangement but you will have to buy me a beer, I'm not joking.)
-Lists to be submitted to Jpiesse @ Gmail . com before the end of Wednesday the 1st of February

ARMY RESTRICTIONS AND LIST BUILDING
In Each Team:
-Each player must be paired with another player (play with yourself at home). If you need help finding someone then I can do a matchmaking service.
-Either: Both players may use Non-Titan Class Superheavies and Gargantuan creatures OR one player may use a Titan Class Superheavy or Gargantuan Creature.

Each Player:
-Must use a legal, BOUND 1,000 point 40K (no Age of Darkness/ Horus Heresy) army list.
-Must specify their warlord and primary detachment for the entire tournament
-Must NOT have “Come The Apocalypse” Allies. Note that this only applies to the models within your army, your partner may have models that are “Come The Apocalypse” with models in your army (though this is not advised)
-Must designate their army as either attacking or defending. This will determine the missions and roles you will play (not everyone will have the same missions)
-Must submit a story about your army and why you are allied with your team mate. There will be prizes for the best ones.

HOUSE RULINGS:
-Discarding of Maelstrom cards that are impossible to achieve and drawing a replacement at the start of your player turn is permitted, and does not count towards the normal discard permitted by Tactical Objectives.
-Bases must be wholly in terrain to claim a cover save from area terrain.
-Death From The Skies WILL BE IN EFFECT, this includes dogfighting. If you need the rules I know Comics Compulsion would be happy to sell you one. Otherwise have a chat with JD at the club or on facebook.

MODEL RESTRICTIONS
- No Superheavies or Gargantuan Creatures with 7" or 10" Blasts that are S10 or SD that are also AP1 or AP2 AND that ignore cover. If you want to bring one, you can play it without the Ignores Cover special rule.
- No Superheavies or Gargantuan Creatures with a Hellstorm Template that also has the Torrent special rule. If you want to bring one, you can play it without the Torrent special rule.
-ALL models must have a minimum of three colours in order to be used.

PRIZES
Prizes in this event will be awarded at the end for sportsmanship and painting.
Prizes will also be given out at the end of each round for the team (or teams) that complete the mission objectives the best.

PHOTOGRAPHY DISCLAIMER
By attending this event you agree that photos and/or video may be taken of you and your army which may be used for marketing and club purposes. Results which will include your name will also be posted online.