South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:02 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Thinking of Attending?
Yes! 50%  50%  [ 7 ]
No! 50%  50%  [ 7 ]
Maybe! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: Re: Natcon 2014 - Dystopian Wars
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:22 pm 

Please do not think me jealous Nathan, but being able to hide facial expressions and
concerned eyes behind a fringe is cheating...
You can pretend lil chris that you were not worried, but believe me when I say
that I know you were dakking yourself over the though of having to face just one of my
mighty fleets, let alone elements from both.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:46 pm 

My guys are painted red...nuff said, no concerns here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:28 pm 

First post has been updated with the points size and army building restrictions.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:58 am 

HAHAHA I've worked out how to take armor forces and guarantee being able to use them! Simple, take them in transports and use a Russian glacier gen to make land for them [manic laughter] which is totally legal in the current amphibious rules (I double checked).

I mean there are some downside such as wasting a load of points on transports and that if the gen carrier was to get destroyed or even just "generators offline" all the land forces would die instantly.... okay this may be a really bad plan. I'll stick with French navel and air.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:37 pm 

Hi
Definite thanks to Sassmo for taking a shot at organizing (and remember for taking a shot at anything having an 18 inch diameter shell always helps) . It sounds interesting and I will start checking my logistics.

for the fleet design rules:
1) 50% for air fleet component max?
2) are mercs allowed? (eg the black wolf, Australians?)
3) are merch's allowed? ( I could fit 2 titan class transports into a fleet, a nice vulnerable boarding target :roll: )

Also given Spartan's release schedule- I'm going to guess a cutoff at roughly the march point for new rules (eg v2, new ships )

design note- while "1 massive only" will stop most nations from going for the carrier taskforce design, Chinese support carriers are meds. (think of this as a small argument in favor of allowing merchant support carriers )

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:43 pm 

Quote:
for the fleet design rules:
1) 50% for air fleet component max?
2) are mercs allowed? (eg the black wolf, Australians?)
3) are merch's allowed? ( I could fit 2 titan class transports into a fleet, a nice vulnerable boarding target :roll: )

1) Yes, with the 50% Maximum non-core also covering things like Mercenaries and Allies, they also all still count towards the maximums for sizes, so a Medium Flyer's points goes both towards the 50% non core and the maximum for Mediums.
2) I'm going to allow Mercenaries, but am restricting it so that only one 'source' of mercenaries is allowed per Fleet (so you cant take Australians AND Black Wolf for example).
Unless anyone has any objections I'm going to allow Minor fleets to take allied Major Fleets in the same way (so Free Australians, say can take Antarctic, but that excludes takign any Mercs), get in touch with me if you are thinking of doing this, just so I can give a thumbs up/down.
3)Yes but the 'one source' in '2)' applies.

I'm doing this 'one source' thing less for balance and more to keep peoples (including mine) heads from exploding on the day from having 4+ different fleets models in one Fleet

Quote:
Also given Spartan's release schedule- I'm going to guess a cutoff at roughly the march point for new rules (eg v2, new ships )

Yes, I'll make the cut off date the 18th of March, one month prior to the event, with the rules and the model needing to be out by then.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:41 pm 

Definite thanks for the clarification and sounds good.

and fluff wise- limiting to only 1 merc 'source' per faction fits. The fleet commodore probably has their hands full enough with one 'outside the chain of command loose cannon' without having to mediate 'contractual disputes' between 2+ of them

(besides if someone wants black wolf and auzzies- let them take an Australian fleet and get the black wolf as their attachment)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:05 pm 

Damn-it I've been double booked with a wedding in Timavegas so won't be able to make it sorry Sass. Will try to get in for a beer one of the days.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:48 pm 

Bugger Nath, hard luck mate. :(
I was looking forward to teaching your boys open water swimming...all the way home... :wink:
Hope you can pop in for a catch up at some time man.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:10 pm 

Yeah will definitely do my best.

Anyways Ian, Japanese don't swim because our technology so superior. Long ago we developed Analpropeller technology removing the need to swim.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:25 am 

Quote:
Damn-it I've been double booked with a wedding in Timavegas so won't be able to make it sorry Sass. Will try to get in for a beer one of the days.

:cry: ah well, I'll keep a spot for you in case the wedding get called off :P

More stuff:
I've added a poll to the thread to get an idea of the number of people interested.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:31 pm 

I selected no because I can't come not because I'm not interested. Was actually looking forward to this one a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:29 pm 

Quote:
I selected no because I can't come not because I'm not interested. Was actually looking forward to this one a lot

It did occur to me that the questions wording would result in that, so I've changed it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:47 am 

Definite shame Nath
Does this mean I have deploy my Japanese again to keep the honor of the empire high against all the westerners? (technically all forces except for NZ and COA come from west of japan))

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:05 am 

Quote:
Does this mean I have deploy my Japanese again to keep the honor of the empire high against all the westerners?

Indeed it does. Really all that needs to be done to keep the honour of the Empire though is to ruthlessly slaughter Ian's Italian/American Alliance. All armies should be focused toward this end.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next