South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:21 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blood Bowl results Tempest '10
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:16 am 

After 5 hard fought rounds, I am pleased to announce Philip (Dwarves) as the first ever SIC Bowl champion after sudden death extra time, narrowly fending off a valiant attempt from Greg (Slann) to take the Trophy North (collective sigh of relief from all Mainlanders).

After yours truly (Humans), took out the SIC Bowl Plate Competition, players ranked 6th through 8th can suck it.

Not content with winning the title, Philip (Dwarves) also took out the Bloodbath Idol (most violent), just pipping Tim (Ogres) & Sass (Dwarves) by one point. Impressively, all three averaged 5 CAS per game!!!

Nathan P. (Wood Elves) managed to steal the Elven Pride Award (most TD's) from Philip's hands with a 7 TD haul in the last match of the day. The Slann also get a notable mention for their scoring prowess.

Philip... yawn... also won the Grim Dwarf Award for... yawn... least... yawn... TDs con.... zzzzzzzzzz....

While I made a good play for the Drunken Human Award on Saturday, Tim (Ogres) won the Drunken Gobbo Award for most sporting team selection and still finished in the top half of the table (doffs cap).

Some might call it ungentlemanly conduct to field the cheesiest team in the competition but Philip doesn't care as he won all the loot. His fourth and final award is the Yawning Dwork Award for worst team composition.

Nathan W. (Humans) took out the Smiling Halfling Award for Best Sportsmanship and has subsequently been banned indefinitely from all Blood Bowl until he learns how to 'coach' proper!

Sass is spared being awarded the Wooden Spoon for finishing dead last as the missus' will need it to make delicious Chocolate Cake, assuming Paul is prepared to share the recipe.

SIC Bowl 2010 rankings are as follows:
1. Philip (Dwarves)
2. Greg (Slann)
3. Nathan P. (Wood Elves)
4. Tim (Ogres)
5. Gus (Humans)
6. Nathan W. (Humans)
7. Daniel (Lizardmen)
8. Sass (Dwarves)

A big shout out to Paul for providing the hospitality and venue on Saturday.

Thank you everyone for a great weekend :D

Cheers
Gus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:28 pm 

'Spared' the spoon? I fought with grit and determination to place 8th, and despite all odds I succeeded! I demand physical proof of my glory! :|

But anyway thanks for running the tourney Gus :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:16 am 

Great write-up 'boss pod'.

Sounds like a great couple of days of BB!