South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:24 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Meeting 6/5/18
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:06 pm 

"Hi all,

While wearing my VP/Secretary hat I will be posting the key points from any meeting the committee has from here on out. Feedback or further questions are welcome, I will do my best to answer them.

The committee met last Sunday and covered a lot of ground. Important/cool things for you to know are:

1. The Merger.
The merger was discussed and a tentative timeline put in place. Ideally, we are looking at pooling the terrain and tables (which will include the addition and rearrangement of shelving) in the vicinity of CavCon weekend, and operating out the one building after that.

From an admin perspective the brain trust at the Cavs (or the artist formerly known as Cavs) are arranging winding up with the IRD and their current venue.

2. Room Layout.
Once we are all in the one building, Thursday nights will likely be busier than they have been (PYD currently averages about 20-something punters across various systems). Our plan (and I will draw up a map) is to set up "Big Board" systems (ie big wooden slabs) in rows across one of the long walls, and "Small Board" systems (ie small wooden slabs or normal tables) across the other one.

Once a row is complete you start another one further in, and so on. The odds of having enough people to meet in the middle are pretty slim, it's a massive room.

This will apply for the first hour and a half of a Thursday night. After that it is open season, but we still encourage people to set up tables in an orderly fashion, so as to make sure we make excellent use of the space.

3. Woolston WMC
The Woolston WMC has requested content from our section in their monthly newsletter. We will be happy to provide this, and if anyone has anything specific they'd ever like included please let us know and we'll forward it on.

4. Website and IT.
The website was discussed. Ryan has a plan in place to have it first as a basic page detailing who we are and what we do, then to start adding functionality around lining up games with other club members and carrying event details (among other things). Obviously the devil is in the timeframe with these things, but progress is being made.

The forum was also discussed - there is no plan to bury the forum at this stage, as we know it is useful to many members.

5. New Faces
Some of the committee members will be unknown to some players. I am arranging mugshots to put on the noticeboard. The Officer of the Day attire is still being selected.

6. Upcoming Events.
We are collating a calendar of our upcoming events. This will be made available once we have filled it in.

That was about it. Thanks all, if you have any questions I'm just a message away."

From Zane