South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:43 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mordhiem players
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 pm 

Hi there people, didnt seem to be a spot for this on the mordhiem forum (it looks dead) so ill post it here:

Were looking for 4 players to join me and my flatmate for weekly games of mordhiem in our flat (dont worry, its a nice clean flat). We have a board worth of terrain, but anything anyone is able to bring along to keep it fresh is much appreciated.

We cant have meetings any weeknight, and the meeting time's planned at the moment are saturday 7-10 but these may be changeable (at the least they should be changeably to 6-10 or 7-11 if we need more time).

The plan was to play about 3 weeks of 'warm up' games where people are welcome to proxy minitures or borrow ours, but after this we want people to either have their own (painted) minitures or at least use ours without proxy'ing. After these 3 weeks we want to play a map based campain over a period of about 2 months. We are hoping these 3 weeks before the campain will give us room to take 'newbies' and old players alike :). Whether to start new warbands at the start of the campain or to keep going with these ones is up for discussion then.

Were looking for friendly players who are willing to play the game seriously, but take the results with a 'grain of salt'. Its all about having fun, even if that fun leaves you rolling on the injury table for all of your models! Were also open to new rule's, although would probally leave these out for our first campain.

We live very near the riccaton mall for anyone who needs to know whereabouts this is before putting their name foward.

We also have a spot open for someone to come every now and again to control zombies/monsters/ect if/when we play games using these (although another flatmate of ours may be interested in this spot, but there could be room for two).

If its ok with the woolsten gaming club and someone from there would rather have games there, id be happy to come along and join in some there as well.

Thanks :) Post here or pm me or email me at karamea29@hotmail.com (or all three)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:14 pm 

I'm keen, but can't always make it due to shift work which would no doubt be an issue. Will PM ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:47 pm 

Quote:
If its ok with the woolsten gaming club and someone from there would rather have games there, id be happy to come along and join in some there as well.

Definitely. Come along and talk to the fantasy players there.
My empire militia stand in as a mordheim warband sometimes because they are after all the same models.
Also whats this about zombies. Some sort of skirmish scenario? Id like to hear about that too. Several voices have been raising interest in skirmish at Woolston too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:50 pm 

I'd be interested. Havent played in 5 years but still have all my models and warband sheets. Either at Woolston or someones house. Any Cavaliers people into Mordheim btw?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:02 pm 

Yeah I am, can only do it on a casual basis though which is why i haven't put my hand up for this. All I have to do is find my witch hunter warband now.

Have you got it still AJ or did I pick it up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:10 am 

Location: Smoking endless cigars, through a luminous balaclava, in no man's land...
Alan wrote:
Also whats this about zombies. Some sort of skirmish scenario? Id like to hear about that too. Several voices have been raising interest in skirmish at Woolston too.

There was a great looking skirmish scenario on the GW site a while back. A small band of Empire troops try to hole up in a ruined mansion for the night only to find that the place is crawling with Zombies. I have a paper copy somewhere. Here's the link.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammerskirmish/twilightdead/1/

Warhammer skirmish is great fun!

Cheers

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:20 am 

Quote:

A mordhiem scenario where D3 zombies pop out of a few markers/buildings placed on the board. Although mordhiem free for alls are fun, after a while with the same players it becomes alot more interesting to add in zombies/vampires/ect...

If you have a player to control these things it becomes more interesting again, especially if the game is capture an objective defended by the zombies/whatever as this gives the player controling the zombies an objective too :)

A 6 way FFA with zombies poping out of the ground is a long, but interesting game...I think the most ive ever done it with is 4. Good 3rd/4th game in a campain as it can give hero's alot of xp (the reason for not playing it first game is only vampires/possesed can really take full advantage of it, most other hero's actually have to fear the zombies 1 S3 attack a little bit!).

So far we have only 2 people in?

As for skirmish, id be up for some of that :) although i like mordhiem due to the games following on from each other so well with your models growing stronger/suffering injury's...

I have been interested in an idea for creating a points/gold crown ratio so we could convert gold crowns into points and so use the warhammer lists with skirmish armies but the mordhiem aftergame stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:21 am 

Id be keen, though it depends where & when. cwc would be a good place.

wakerofgods wrote:
I have been interested in an idea for creating a points/gold crown ratio so we could convert gold crowns into points and so use the warhammer lists with skirmish armies but the mordhiem aftergame stuff

That would be cool. I could use my mighty lizards then!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:19 am 

Location: You must be the jesus of gaming, you can turn wargaming into whine.
They do have a lizards list in the lustria expansion. As well as Tomb kings in the Khemri expansion.

I'd be keen as well, I have around 8 warbands, but want to get my amazons up and running.

Javelin wrote:
You'll have to let us know when you're next back so that we can have AJCon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:53 pm 

I'd love to play but I don't have a warband :(

I'll play as the zombies? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:59 pm 

Yea i am definetly keen! I have one or two warbands lucking about in the form of free company

Poochie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:04 pm 

I was just looking at the warbands on the GW site. I want the beastmen one. Have you guys started playing yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:56 pm 

ID play a troll warband but i showed nathan and hes the one that wants to play trolls..
perosnallid play chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:58 pm 

A troll warband? :O How is that balanced? :p

Man how awesome would that new warhammer terrain be for mordhiem? :O:O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:28 pm 

AJ wrote:
They do have a lizards list in the lustria expansion.

YEEEE HAAAWW!!!!

Shame the list is a bit limited, but its still all serpenty, so i can't complain too much...