South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:59 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Other mordheim gaming groups in chch?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:03 pm 

Hey guys, firstly I'd like to apologize for a thread I started in this forum 3 years ago. I was trying to start a mordhiem campaign in 2007 and just as I was organizing a meeting at the club with some people from this forum I had something happen that prevented me from following through - but I was just reading back through that old thread and noticed I never actually posted as such in the thread! Very sorry about that to anyone that was involved.

At the moment I'm running a mordhiem campaign out of my flat and I was wondering how the mordhiem scene is for others in Christchurch and most specifically what house rules they use.

We've been playing this campaign for about two months now and while we have been playing we have been working on a rather extensive rewrite of the rules. We are nearly done now and by the time we are finished we will have:
A redo of 11 of the warbands.
A redo of the core rules.
A redo of the hired swords.
A redo of the exploration system and table as well as a new levelup and injury tables.
A redo of the equipment and the addition of magical items including potions/scrolls.
A redo of the skill list with additional skills.
New random happenings tables (two, one that effects the encountering players and one that effects the entire board)

It sounds like a big list of changes (we have basically redone everything after all, which may have been easier then the list I wrote above...opps), but most changes are tweaks as opposed to significant rewrites.

So, are there any other groups playing mordhiem out there these days? If so are you using one of the house rule systems online (corehiem?) or have you made your own? It would be interesting to know what house rules other locals are using, and if they are interested in having a look what they think of the house rules we are using (although with such a big rewrite – there is a lot to read!).