South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:38 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Ancients at the Woolston
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:48 pm 

Sounds like a challenge to the Sultan. The Ottomans are mobilizing.

FoG numbers keeping pace with AdlG, DBA nowhere to be seen. Maybe there is change in the winds over Woolston?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:10 pm 

The winds have certainly blown at the Woolston, right in the face of my Jurchen Chin came a hurricane force deluge of English arrowheads, down I went big time in the only 15mm AdlG game at the Club today.
Who said Hundred Years War English were rubbish ??

Brent's Welsh longbowmen's arrows were picked up and carried by the same hurricane force winds into various parts of Mark's Pyrrhic army helping to demolish the pike phalanx and half the elephants giving a rare BBJ victory in the only 25mm AdlG game played today. Well done Brent, maybe you have found your One True Army at long last ??? Or was it your dice ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:31 pm 

good to see some more longbow being used. Just need to get the mix right as they cost more than a medium knight. I must be due down soon so will keep you all in the loop.
Cheers
Josh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:25 am 

Thursday evening saw two 15mm games played. Tony & Gordon playing FOGII, Andre & I playing AdlG. There was a ghostly appearance of DBA, Nathan & Ken set up some troops then sat about yakking for the evening.

Tony's Goths were sent packing by Gordon's Galatians due to some brilliant tactics on Gordon's part and rubbish dice rolling by Tony. Obviously naked fanatics are better than young folk dressed in black..........

My Ottoman Turk army was hastily raised by the Sultan and shipped off to support Al Andalus's campaign against the Hungarians led by the very skillful and colourful Batavian Mercenary, Andreas Everus.
The two armies met on the Andalusian south coast with the Janissaries forming up in a small field beside the Ottoman dancing girls ( Camp ) leaving the rest of the battle line strung out towards the sea, thinking that the Serbian allies and Sipahis would clean up the Christians no trouble while they enjoyed themselves.
Well that's what happened except that it was the Serbian Christians routed ,leaving only the Serbian General fighting on whilst the Sipahis and Akinji Light Horse were hacked down by the Hungarian cavalry and knights.
Well the Janissaries enjoyed themselves suffering no casualties.
Good win to Andre.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:29 pm 

Sunday saw a 25/28mm AdlG workshop/fun gaming day organized by Mark with five games played.

Brent, with Falk assisting for a while, threw the Welsh into Mike's Hundred Years War English and went down in a screaming heap. Good win to Mike playing his first AdlG game. Beautiful army too Mike.

Kerry, using Persians, faced off against Andre's Classical Indians with six Elephants leading the charge of the Indians.
The Sparabara and Immortals saw to the Elephants, win to Kerry.

Brent then ran an Early Successor army against Andre and his six Elephants and suffered another defeat due to some strange manoeuvers in front of the Indian Elephants. Win to Andre

Rick, who had been watching and waiting patiently, ran the English against the Welsh under the command of 'Taffy' Mark.
The Welsh were out shot again and become part of the United Kingdom.

I threw my Late Romans passively into Hannibal's ( Matt's ) Carthaginian army and lost heavily when my right flank was turned and my Camp captured. Good win to Matt.

A great day of 'big boy's toys' was had by all.

A Club 25/28mm competition will be getting underway soon. I assume that 'Dino the Dinosaur' will be the Trophy fought over.
Mark will post the details soon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:54 pm 

Thanks Brian and to everyone for a great day of 25mm gaming.

I'll leave entry to the round robin 25mm comp open for a couple more weeks then post the guide to the comp.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7