South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:49 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sooo
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:54 pm 

Does our club still have club meetings or what?

I'd love to know what the club does with all the money they make from tourneys. Will we be seeing any new terrain?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:08 pm 

What money do we make from tourneys and what new terrain do we need?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:17 pm 

You don't make any money from tournaments? How many entries to the nationals were there?

I know you couldn't of spent it all on sausages...

And it's not just about terrain. Just would be nice to know what's new with the club. If these forums are anything to go by then it would seem there hasn't been a meeting since last year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:26 pm 

Yeah no meetings in ages. Not much to meet about at the moment.

Made no money from NatCon, we certainly didn't spend it all on sausages. Spent a lot of it on dice and mugs, various other costs such as coffee, morning tea for the umpires, wine for the dinner, thank you gifts for those who helped lots etc. etc.

Basic plan with the club at the moment is to raise money to help people get to tourneys up North and promote the club in the North Island.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:30 pm 

Like sponsorship?

heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:35 pm 

Location: You must be the jesus of gaming, you can turn wargaming into whine.
Exactly like sponsorship, its an idea which I tabled a few years ago but we haven't done anything with it yet.

Part of the idea is to allow more people to participate in other comps outside the SI.

Javelin wrote:
You'll have to let us know when you're next back so that we can have AJCon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:02 pm 

Whats new with the club?

There is a HUGE amount of new terrain the cupboard either made by club members or donated by Comics that was done up especially for the Nationals, you must of missed it. As a general rule the club does not run any tournament to make money but rather for the fun of it and the promotion of both the club and gaming.

The club has run the biggest Natcon in years and at a cheap entry cost but with lots of momentos for those who came. It is running another Ambush this weekend, a cowboy Tournament next month plus don't forget Tempest. There has been a bloodbowl league recently completed plus we have a bunch of new gamers who were Young Guard Members at comics who have made the leap to the Thursday night meetings.

What do you need exactly to make you feel the club has been going forward for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:47 pm 

Erm...yeah sorry Tim, I kind of neglected to mention all that. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:51 pm 

I'm not specifically looking for something to be done. Just would be nice to see some updates on what the general plan for the year is and what not.

Though some new towers or silos or just something other than cities of death buildings (as nice as they are)

I mean if it weren't for the bring your own tables at nationals the 40k tables would of been very sparse and some of the tables were pretty average anyways (thinking of the hill and tree table).

Just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:41 pm 

Hence why we got people to bring their own.

We're currently running out of storage room for scenery because we have so much so if we are to build new terrain because people find the old terrain tedious from having used it so much where are we to store it? Take into consideration also that this will again become an issue in a year's time when people tire from the new terrain we have built.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:08 pm 

Personally I think the club has done a superb effort in building up a very nice, and very large, collection of terrain. Good on ya committee!

I agree with Nathan - there's no problem with how much terrain the club has but there sure is with the amount of storage we have to keep it secure from theft and protected from damage. Already it's depressing how much of the existing stuff has suffered damage from careless handling and storage by club members. More cupboards and doubling the shelving in all of them (which I understand is already on the cards) seems a better priority.

Maybe a sell-off of some of the older and now never-used bits of terrain would help clear a bit of clutter and put a few dollars back into the club coffers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:19 pm 

Quote:
(which I understand is already on the cards)

Unfortunately it's been on the cards a long time and too long. I just don't have the time to deal with all of it so sorry about that.

If anyone is willing to pitch in some time and a bit of elbow grease let me know and we can get this sorted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:48 am 

Tackledummy wrote:
If anyone is willing to pitch in some time and a bit of elbow grease let me know and we can get this sorted.

Put up a thread and get some volunteers - I'd be happy to help as long as the day/time fits my shifts (although I'm a crap handyman:) )