South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:36 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Monthly Meeting
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:07 pm 

Hi all,

We had our monthly meeting and I'm just posting up the details here for anyone interested.

Start time:
Late. I was hungover. Sorry about that.

Agenda:
Review goals
Plan campaigns for Oct to Dec
Fundraising
Odds and Ends

Review Goals:
Well on track. We have over 50 members so far. Have about 3 tables of FoW terrain purchased. Ambush is all set up ready to run, will be a nice quiet day of gaming. We are getting a quote for new cupboards and are looking at cleaning up the terrain room in September.

Plan campaigns:
We've got a FoW and a Fantasy campaign on the horizon for the second quarter, also possibly a planetary empires campaign. We'll get details out about these at the end of August.

Fundraising:
For a couple of the projects coming up we need to look at generating a bit of cash. We need to finish the Flames terrain and get some money to buy stop clocks for Warmachine with the advent of timed turns in the MkII rules.

We're looking at little tourneys and narrative campaigns. Also some gaming oriented raffles and a painting competition. The suggestion was made we also press gang old ladies for their pensions, use club money to gamble at the pokies or set up a cake stand. We believe these 3 ideas will need a little fine tuning before we can implement them.

Odds and Ends:
There were a few suggestions that came up. One of the better ones was how we develop a better culture with South Island clubs and we discussed the possibility of a roadshow to Dunners and West Coast and Nelson. We'll have to work this one out a bit more but watch this space.

Finish Time:
I wasn't really watching the clock as I was more concerned with the whole being hungover thing.

As always if you have any questions please drop me a PM or come see me at one of the clubs and I'll be hppy to answer them for you. :)