South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:57 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thinking of Starting a Cities of Death Army Builder Campaign
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:06 pm 

Hey guys, Scott here.

I have had the idea of starting a 40k campaign for regulars at the DGL. At the moment it is still in the concept stage, but i would like to see how many people would be interesting.

I know a lot of the members probably never look here, but if you do see this, please tell them about it.

So far I think it will start with a 400pt 40k in 40k in 40 mins army. First month using this army, YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR LIST it is an army BUILDER

So the idea is start with low points 400 first month (not required to be fully painted, as it is a bit hard to paint 400 points in one month, well it is for me anyways) and 500 second month, full paint is required (idea being that you can paint 500 points in 2 months).

From there we will add 250 points per month, and it is required to be painted. See a theme here?

yes, i want to promote fully painted armies at the DGl, so this is a perfect opportunity to get the motivation you need to slap some paint on those minis.

I will have to work out the scoring system, but i think we will use a tournament style format, just so that everyone is on an even footing, with a serious cut for unpainted models.

We will use the cities of death rulebook, just to add a bit of flavour to the campaign. So we may need to have a get together to make some more city terrain at some point.

Post replies to let me know what you think, and if you are keen.

Talk more about it when we have our meet tomorrow.

Cheers,
Mr. Darkside

Post subject: Re: Thinking of Starting a Cities of Death Army Builder Camp
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:44 pm 

time to invest in brown shirts and jack boots, the paint fascists are on the rise again...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:43 am 

Come on Person
Why do you think that the painting aspect isn't a valued and muchloved part of the hobby.
Are you one of those that thinks that the result is more important than the game that was played to arrive at the result?
The games are good enough to deserve painted armies mate.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:00 pm 

If you're like me then painting them only disrespects the models :lol:, but they need to be protected against oxidation and damage etc.

Hey, Mr. Darkside,

Looks like a cool campaign. Hope it goes well.

Just out of interest: If you've splashed out on a big unit, then add to the unit after you get more points to spend, could you split the unit into two units? Sorry, hard to articulate.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:21 am 

I would say yes, based on the idea that the same members are in the warband, just different build. i would have to check lists first, i dont want it being abused after all. like using tau, and a bonded squad seperating is a no no in my opinion, and i am sure there are other such scenarios.

and as for painting police, i just like promoting all aspects of the hobby and not present the stigma to newcomers that painting is a bad thing.

it will not be for every meet, so players are free to use unpainted models outside the campaign. im not gonna impose a law for the club or anything, haha. now that would be painting police.