South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:30 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DBMM at Cll ato Arms, August 6-7
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:10 pm 

Hi all

I am forwarding mark Pickup's email about DBMM at Wellington Warlord's annual Call to Arms.

Vince

Dear All

This is an initial email to announce DBMM at Call to Arms in Wellington on 6+7 August this year. As usual, I will coordinate it. Please advise me if you wish to not receive any email about this and will remove you from the next email and you can ignore the rest of this email. Also if I have missed anyone then please advise also.

I haven't yet decided whether we will have a theme or not, so am open to suggestions. The Hutt's winter tournament is opting for river crossings - so are there any other suggestions for terrain themes, or perhaps a period theme e.g. enemies of Rome, although period themes tend to exclude people who have limited army choices. I am also open to the concept of doubles (2 players) as is popular in some competitions overseas. Though that depends on numbers.

Payment Details:
Cost for the tournament is $45. Late registration is $15 more. (After 15/07/16).
Bank account for payment is: Wellington Warlords Inc. 02-0500-0147439-000. The particulars need to include full name, CtA2016, period being played. So, your money transfer would look like: Smith D CtA2016 DBMM

Mark

Post subject: Re: DBMM at Cll ato Arms, August 6-7
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:57 pm 

Update emailed by Mark Pickup about DBMM at the Wellington Warlords annual Call to Arms, August 6 and 7. DBMM, as is traditional in New Zealand, will be 25mm on 8'x6' tables.
http://www.warlords.org.nz/

Vince

Begin forwarded message:
Date: 28 May 2016 at 11:58:23 AM NZST
To:
Subject: RE: Call to Arms DBMM theme

I have pondered the suggestions and there is no clear leader for CtA. Which should not surprise anyone as getting wargamers to agree is like herding cats.

I like Phils idea of smaller 240/300 pts with seeded players and rotating, but there were a couple of comments to stick to the status quo.

I also like my idea of capture/defend the city/castle. But that requires people to be able to filed at least a 1/2 size BUAf. Now I can put down two, and I know Al Duncan can probably put down enough to solve Auckland's housing crisis. But most of us are not blessed with so much real-estate so I will reserve that option for 2017. Assuming I will be running it, so that gives you a year to make your walls gentlemen.

1. Play will be usual 450 points but 400 by mutual agreement.
2. Time pressure of people finishing is always a problem, so I will opt for pre-set terrain.
3. Terrain tables will have themes - a sea coast, a river, a chain of hills, a desert, thick forest, grass plains. But will not be constructed to give overwhelming defensive advantage. Dicing for sides will help on this.
4. Players will be randomly assigned to tables, rather than the initial historic draw usually done.
5. Players will dice for sides and then attacker/defender in the usual manner.
6. Depending on numbers entered we will either do Phils idea of rotation or a points ladder. Rotation requires 10 players e.g 5 tables to avoid you replaying your initial opponent from game 1 in game 4 .
7. In homage to winter and Game of Thrones fans, this is a winter tournament. Weather rules will apply but all battles will be in Winter in the region of the defender.
8. Lastly, as is usual in CtA there will be no night attacks allowed.

I will prepare the player pack on this basis. If anyone has strong last minute comments, such as I would fall on my sword rather than engage in such lunacy, this weekend is your last chance.

Mark