South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:52 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:10 pm 

AJ wrote:
^ Pfft like thats hard!

Unfortunately I'll be busy playing Cowboys, otherwise I might have rushed out a Daemon List :p

Alas I still think demons are crap, the meta will shift to having more flamers, and then they are rubbish. As is the nurgle stuff is unplayable and really you are relying on slan to power through. Also deep striking in 4th sucks nut.

Likes finding the creative rules :) And debating soft scores. Not as bad in real life as he is on the boards! I am all hugs and cuddles I swear!

No longer Flacid

--JJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:09 pm 

Location: Up in sunny Dorkland, thinking wistfully of the noobs I left behind.
k2vsate wrote:
Also deep striking in 4th sucks nut.

I think you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:36 pm 

kamerryn wrote:
k2vsate wrote:
Also deep striking in 4th sucks nut.

I think you do.

I think you need to bring it lil mr pansytastic!

Likes finding the creative rules :) And debating soft scores. Not as bad in real life as he is on the boards! I am all hugs and cuddles I swear!

No longer Flacid

--JJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:20 pm 

I think I don't care what you think.

I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:32 am 

You both think too much. Stop with the thinking and start with the press ganging of your cheesy friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:05 am 

Tackledummy wrote:
You both think too much. Stop with the thinking and start with the press ganging of your cheesy friends.

I am afraid I know no one cheesy :( alas.

No longer Flacid

--JJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:28 am 

Location: You must be the jesus of gaming, you can turn wargaming into whine.
k2vsate wrote:
Alas I still think demons are crap, the meta will shift to having more flamers, and then they are rubbish. As is the nurgle stuff is unplayable and really you are relying on slan to power through. Also deep striking in 4th sucks nut.

Have you had a proper look at the Codex? Its the most broken piece of cheese imaginable!?!?!

I don't know what makes you think flamers are rubbish, as they are far from, 35pts each for something with a jump pack, 4+ invulnerable save a flamer that ignores cover and armour that always wounds on a 2+ as well as a S4 Ap4 Assault 3 gun for hordes? Not to mention the fact they come in units of 3-12. The fact you can get a naked Daemon Prince for 80pts, the fact that you can get 2 for 1 HQ selections, of which you have the Skull Taker and the Masque? Not to mention KurGath with his Ordance always wounds on 2+ Ap2 AND can spawn a scoring per turn.

So far looking at the list, the only armies that will do well would be Daemonhunter Max units of Inquisitors and Grey Knights, Boat Eldar and Boat Tau.

k2vsate wrote:
I am afraid I know no one cheesy :( alas.

ROFLMAOOMGWTFBBQ!

Javelin wrote:
You'll have to let us know when you're next back so that we can have AJCon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:34 am 

The bunnies are giving me nightmares

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:05 am 

AJ wrote:
I don't know what makes you think flamers are rubbish, as they are far from, 35pts each for something with a jump pack, 4+ invulnerable save a flamer that ignores cover and armour that always wounds on a 2+ as well as a S4 Ap4 Assault 3 gun for hordes? Not to mention the fact they come in units of 3-12. The fact you can get a naked Daemon Prince for 80pts, the fact that you can get 2 for 1 HQ selections, of which you have the Skull Taker and the Masque? Not to mention KurGath with his Ordance always wounds on 2+ Ap2 AND can spawn a scoring per turn.

Breath of chaos and necrotic missiles are wound on 4+ not 2+. Naked princes do rock the party, as does Skulltaker, but the Masque is not an IC which means against anyone with half a brain she gets shot dead on the turn she arrives with her t3 w2. Also come 5th ed all swarms will be non scoring in their usr so kurgath nurgling infestation won't be broken.

My 2c on Daemons is that they absolutely rock against certain armies (usually ones that are already pretty bad in cheese fests) and really really suck against others, making them not so good for cheese tournies. They rely heavily on deepstrike as a substitute for manuverability which against a truely mobile foe the will get hosed. Mech eldar for example will just fly straight past them and blow them to bits.

They would be good in most of the local tornies where people bring nice balanced lists that usually have to walk everywhere but I don't think they'll be pwning any gt's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:07 am 

I want to play against a demon army :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:49 pm 

Sleby wrote:
I want to play against a demon army :(

I beat they wat to play against you with a never ending flow of demon. mounted demonittes that just keep coming back make we want to cry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:12 pm 

Troll you're a noob. :lol: The Daemonhunter codex specifically states that only Daemon Packs, Nurglings and Daemonic Beasts get to come back, and no other sort of Demon benefits from Sustained Assault.

With the exception of Nurglings, no units now exist that go by those exact names, so unless they change the FAQ it isn't an issue anymore :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:51 pm 

AJ wrote:
Have you had a proper look at the Codex? Its the most broken piece of cheese imaginable!?!?!

ROFLMAOOMGWTFBBQ!

2 points, I mean flamers as in the template ones, they hose demons hard if they are mounted up. Secondly have an 80 point naked prince for me to lauch at, they are just plain bad and die _easily_ to rapid firing bolters.

There are some good units in the dex but on the whole its balanced, also having to deepstrike sucks hard for this army, it means that sure you start with 50% of your army, but if you want it to assault you take a horrid round of shooting in which you should lose 50% at least of it. Also the HQ's are good, but not amazing, especially under the current edition.

In 5th demons get slightly better because they score well, but on the downside your IC's get forced into units, and flamers (the template kind) become awesome against everything.

I think the demons codex is actually the most balanced release in a long time, and thats having played 2 games where its been used, and not inefficiently.

And how can you say I know cheesy people, the only one I could class is damon and I prefer to think of him as more of a Yatta man.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW6M8D41 ... re=related )

This link is safe for work, and if you think about damon like this well ;p

No longer Flacid

--JJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:06 pm 

kamerryn wrote:
Troll you're a noob. :lol: The Daemonhunter codex specifically states that only Daemon Packs, Nurglings and Daemonic Beasts get to come back, and no other sort of Demon benefits from Sustained Assault.

With the exception of Nurglings, no units now exist that go by those exact names, so unless they change the FAQ it isn't an issue anymore :P

You know how long it been since I have even looked at a codex? even ones as out dated as that one.

they need a re dex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:09 pm 

Yes, yes they do. I look forward to Codex: Inquisition! Sometime in 2014.

Maybe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next