South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:16 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Carnage 2009 Results
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:16 am 

Warhammer results can be found here

Note: the armies and additional awards are from my memory (which is bad) if i have some wrong or where i have missed some out, could people please let me know so that i can update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:29 am 

Stephen Stout - VC

Aaron Morris - Dark Elves

Matt Tait - Brettonians

Malcolm Gooch - Dwarves

Joshua Day - Orcs and Goblins

Mr Vercoe - Chaos Dwarves

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:33 am 

Also goes to show that peer to peer comp marking doesn't work.Thank god this was the last carnage event that will be doing comp that way

Mr Average award should have gone to Stephen W too by those results

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:01 am 

Sigh what did we do wrong?

Either way he can grab it from me whenever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:05 am 

Ok i fully dont get the painting scores how the hell did dave get only 7? also i got a fully based and painted army with movement trays, its not going to win any golden deamons but its tidy enough and I only got 6. I know it doesnt matter alot but just seems messed up to me.

Last edited by Jkeg on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:06 am 

Warpmaster wrote:
Also goes to show that peer to peer comp marking doesn't work.Thank god this was the last carnage event that will be doing comp that way

From a noob's perspective Darren, I hadn't faced 3 of the 4 armies I played ever so had no idea if they were hard or soft or average so ended up giving my opponent the benefit of the doubt and asked them to rate it. :roll: If I went on success and feelings I would have rated the ones that beat me as hard and the rest accordingly but that seemed like sour grapes to me. Just feedback from a newbie's perspective.

By the way thanks for all your guys hard work and for my opponents good humour during the highs and lows of each game... man, if I never see 4 chariots again in a game it will still be too soon especially when two hit my general's unit of lowly warriors with double 6's! :shock:

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:13 am 

Quote:
From a noob's perspective Darren, I hadn't faced 3 of the 4 armies I played ever so had no idea if they were hard or soft or average so ended up giving my opponent the benefit of the doubt and asked them to rate it. If I went on success and feelings I would have rated the ones that beat me as hard and the rest accordingly but that seemed like sour grapes to me. Just feedback from a newbie's perspective.

Yea thats the problem.Next year will be judged comp for sure.The only reason it didn't happen this year was because i way to busy and didn't organise anything in time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:22 am 

Feel your pain buddy! :wink:

Hope your leg is feeling better soon too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:53 am 

'twas good fun and a nice perk being able to play the Indy GT list for the Chaos Dwarfs.

Sorry that it might have been a bit confusing to people who had never struck it before

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:01 pm 

Wow im really surprised i managed 12th after all those beatings!

Blackhawk wrote:
From a noob's perspective Darren, I hadn't faced 3 of the 4 armies I played ever so had no idea if they were hard or soft or average so ended up giving my opponent the benefit of the doubt and asked them to rate it. If I went on success and feelings I would have rated the ones that beat me as hard and the rest accordingly but that seemed like sour grapes to me. Just feedback from a newbie's perspective.

It seemed like during our game you had a fairly solid dwarf plan (being dwarves vs TK is possibly a bad match up which i think is why I dominated). I think you possibly just needed some more awesome ricks (copter?). Actually, you possibly had a better battle plan than most dwarf armies I faced with my TK, due to targeting the infamous catapult.

Warpmaster wrote:

Really? I thought my list would have been too soft to get the "mr average" award. I figured my list was faar too weak to warrant that (figured I'd be getting +0.5/+1 avg). Guess my magic scared some. What'd I win & whos legs do I need to break? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:17 pm 

mr average went to the personal who finished bang in the middle of the pack i belive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:01 pm 

oh i see!

speaking of comp though, how is it worked out? What impact did the tiers have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:07 pm 

I posted how comp would worked ages ago

http://www.chchwargaming.org.nz/forum/v ... php?t=5709

The Tiers worked fine but the peered marking was off by a long ways,which was my fault and it wont happen again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:13 pm 

Quote:

Absolutely. Even with best intentions to be accurate and objective it's simply impossible for the average player to understand every army thoroughly enough to get it right, let alone expect newbies to.

Panel-judged comp is the only way to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:23 pm 

DaveH wrote:
Quote:

Absolutely. Even with best intentions to be accurate and objective it's simply impossible for the average player to understand every army thoroughly enough to get it right, let alone expect newbies to.

Panel-judged comp is the only way to go.

Have to agree - it will probably still have a bias, but at least the bias will be consistent.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next