South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:38 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:09 am 

Yea I agree as well, For example, how many people had played the new Chaos Dwarf list??, basically meaning no one could accurately mark it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:50 pm 

Quote:
if I never see 4 chariots again in a game it will still be too soon especially when two hit my general's unit of lowly warriors with double 6's! Shocked

My bad, but you took it like a man...I mean dwarf which is why I voted to best sportsman. The scenario also didn't help you in that game with me having to many scoring units to grab table quarters and your war machines taking up special and rare slots.

My list was very cheesy even though I tried to tone it down as much as I could with the figures I had(was gonna take 5 or 6 chariots), the misconception that beastmen are a soft can be worked in your favour.

From the player pack posted on the forum it seemed that the tournament was to encourage new players and perhaps peer comp shouldn't of been used as new players may not know how soft a list is.

I played 2 newbies and 2 experienced players (all of which were top blokes), but all the games proved a challenge, everyone gave me a run for my money and I didn't smash a single army. My comp worked out as 28 which means that I broke even, I think if a panel had judged it rather then players that it would have taken more of a hit.

Overall, as the 2nd tournament that I have played in NZ, thought it was very well organised, interesting scenarios and good atmosphere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:46 am 

Cheers Mal, 8)

the good thing about being new is I can more easily write it off as a "wonderful learning experience" :D which it was as now I have done some research and reflection and would try some different approaches in the future (which is what its all about) - castling the hill being top of the list along with others although your list was fairly comprehensive as far as dwarf options go.

I would look forward to some (challenging) re-matches just to test my other strategies if you were keen some time. :wink:

Cheers.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2