South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:55 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jugged Alliance '09
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:33 am 

Jugged Alliance '09 will be the inaugural 40k Tournament run by the Drunken 40k Masters Club in association with Comics Compulsion and the Christchurch Cavaliers. The event will be organised by kamerryn and myself.

It will be run on the weekend of the 21st & 22nd of November at the Shirley St Albans Club and will be a 40k doubles tournament, with each team consisting of 2 players, each with a 1,000 point army.

The cost will be $20 per player for the weekend and registration will be through our most excellent sponsor, Comics Compulsion.

Please feel free to direct any questions to us at: jugged.alliance@gmail.com.

Cheers,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:58 am 

Will Cam be wearing pants at this tournament?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:26 pm 

Will there be soft scores?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:46 pm 

Will there be oranges at half time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:42 pm 

@Tackledummy - yes, as luckily Jugged Alliance is being held on a Saturday and a Sunday, neatly avoiding "Pants-optional Friday".

@Sjackson - yes, there will be 50% soft scores.

@Bloodyweaselkick - yes, BYO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:16 pm 

Ok everyone, there are now registration forms available at Comics Compulsion.

So in order to register you can either pop in there, sign up and pay, or otherwise you can register by emailing your (and your teammate's) details to jugged.alliance@gmail.com and then you can make payment at Comics at your convenience.

Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:57 pm 

do armies need to be painted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:59 pm 

Location: Up in sunny Dorkland, thinking wistfully of the noobs I left behind.
There will be a prize for best painted army, but painting is not compulsory and there will be no painting mark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:25 pm 

Hehehe, I can bring my Eldar. :D

Dale- "I dunno, tall, lanky, kinda Mookish?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:43 pm 

Location: Up in sunny Dorkland, thinking wistfully of the noobs I left behind.
Hi all, some more stuff about Jugged Alliance.

This will be a 2,000 point teams tournament, with no allying restrictions. Each player may bring no more than 1,000 pts, and each 1,000 pt force must include the 1 HQ and 2 Troop minimum (ie every 2k force will have 2 HQs and 4 Troops as minimum).

The combined 2,000 pt army must fit within a single standard FOC (ie maximum 2 HQ, 3 Elite, 6 Troop, 3 Fast Attack, 3 Heavy Support).

It will be held at the Shirley St Albans club on Hills road on the weekend of the 21st and 22nd of November.

There will be 5 rounds – 3 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday.

Registration will start at 9:00.

Payment should be made through Comics although I dare say those with no more organisational skills than we possess will be able to pay on the day as long as you have pre-registered your interest.

Points balance will be 50% Battle, 20% Sports and 30% Comp/Theme – the high Comp score is deliberate to discourage abuse of our generous removal of allying restrictions :P Comp will be judge marked. Feel free to submit theme as well, although please bear in mind that two pages of badly written fanfic does not a theme make.

Lists should be submitted by 6pm on Wednesday the 18th of November, either by PMing Javelin or kamerryn, or via the email address jugged.alliance@gmail.com.

Painting is NOT compulsory although WYSIWYG is distinctly preferred. There will however be a beauty pageant.

We will be running a can drive to support the City Mission as they head into a pretty busy time of year looking after the less fortunate. To this end the Drunken Masters are proud to present the Drunk Point system.

As the tournament progresses, units will accumulate Drunk Points from mission special rules. Units will receive a beneficial USR corresponding to the number of Drunk Points they have.

Cans may be used once per player, per game turn at any stage to alter the Drunk Points on any of their own units by one – up or down. This means that a unit may potentially begin its action with, for example, Furious Charge, and then switch to Feel No Pain in the middle of a combat. The number of times during the weekend that a player may redeem cans is limited only by the number of cans they bring, and the number of turns they play.

Cans should be redeemed at registration in exchange for tokens, which may be used as above whenever a player wishes to. Each can is valid for one token, and each token is valid for one +/- Drunk Point. Reference tables will be provided for ease of use of the Drunk Point system.

Javelin and I have designed the missions in particular and the weekend in general to be as relaxed, fluffy and entertaining as possible, so please come along with a weird and wonderful list and have some fun – particularly those who have moved away from 40k recently.

This event is entirely not for profit so all proceeds barring the minimal overheads we'll incur will be going into the prize pool, which is kindly being sponsored by your friends and ours, Comics Compulsion.

Funds permitting we intend to have spot prizes as well, so everyone has a good chance to come along, have a good time, and take something away. There will also be awesome trophies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:18 pm 

darn, got my parents visiting that weekend. Looks like i won't be able to make it.Image

Assassins' Redoubt Final Transmission

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:58 pm 

Should hopefully be able to make it. Have a work do on the Saturday though so will be in no state to play Sunday morning. Who's keen to be my partner? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:07 pm 

Manus Celer Dei wrote:
darn, got my parents visiting that weekend. Looks like i won't be able to make it.

It's a _teams_ tournament, just tell them that they'll be playing 40k that weekend. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:14 pm 

Will independant characters from 1 allied force be able to join squads from the other allied force

I plan to have my Imperial Guard ally with my wifes orks you see, and ever since she read the 2nd edition ork codex and saw my ogryn models she has been trying to get them into her army, so could her warboss join my squad of ogryns?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:21 am 

I assume Named Characters are not allowed??