South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:35 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flesh and Steel 2013
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:47 pm 

This will be the official information thread for flesh and steel 2013.

Details so far (important for people who want to get started planning and painting soon)-

Date: 11th and 12th May, to be run as part of Nathan Wrights badlands series of events.

Cost: $30

Painting requirements: Flesh and Steel won't require painted armies, as long as you have at least started to paint your models. Painted models would be really nice though, and I may give you a cookie for a fully painted force.

List Construction: Players bring two 35 point lists each, Players cannot include the same version of a model or unit with
FA:C in more than one list. The original and epic incarnation(s) of a character count as the same
version of a model. Any player-determined model relationships (attached, client, marshaled, etc.) must be
specified in the list and cannot change between rounds. From the models present in the two lists mentioned above players then construct a single 15 point scouting force, with no restrictions on character models, this list must be a legal, standalone list in its own right and is not affected by any tier benefits or restrictions incorporated in the main 35 point lists.

This is a campaign, not a tournament: There will be 8 games over 2 days, with 4 games using your 15 point list, and 4 games using your 35 point lists. As part of the ongoing narrative of the campaign, the result of your 15 point game may affect the conditions on the following 35 point game. You may not have exactly (or even remotely) the same objectives as your opponent. It is possible for both players to win or to lose in the same game. Games will still end on caster assassination and control area victory, but this may not be part of your objectives, rather, at that point campaign objectives will added to your final score.

Campaign scoring: The campaign will be scored in 4 categories; Assassination, Attrition, Arcane/Divine and Strategic. The highest total score at the end of the event will be crowned conquerer (but won't necessarily lead the Skorne Empire), with tie-breakers being in decending order: Strategic points, Arcane/Divine points, and total number of caster-kills.

Turn Times: After some deliberation with other warmaskub players, rather than timed turns Flesh and Steel this year will use very relaxed deathclock rules (for those not immediately familiar with the concept, think chess clocks. details in here: http://privateerpress.com/files/Steamro ... ules_3.pdf )

15 point games will have a 30 min deathclock per player
35 point games will have a 1 hour deathclock per player
This should be more than ample time to play your games.

Entries/possibles so far: Emails and lists recieved from {8} people:
Adam Oakson - list
Michael Wilson - list
Tony Dijkstra - list
James Glover - list
Paul Andersen - list
David Brown - list
Andrew Glassenbury - list
Tim Oliver - list

Important Background Briefing: Western Immoren has seen a lot of conflict over the ages, with various factions squabbling over petty and not so petty concerns since the dawn of time. Many factions have secrets they guard jealously from their rivals, hidden agendas and espionage are commonplace. The discovery of what can only be termed arcane amplifiers in a remote region of southern Llael by the esteemed Vicktor Pendrake was quickly noted by the powers that be, who have apparently all despatched investigatory teams to the region to determine how effectively such amplifiers can be turned into a weapon for use in their continuing wars.

You have chosen/been despatched to this region to investigate the arcane amplifiers in detail and to prevent your rivals (who undoubtedly possess similar intelligence to your own sources) from doing the same. Your faction does not ordinarily operate within this particular area and you have no idea of the makeup of possible enemy forces. The ability to operate in a flexible manner will certainly be a key element in marshalling the limited forces available for your immediate disposal. The little you do know about the amplifiers can be summarised thusly:

Health: 20 boxes
Def: 5
Arm: 20

Immobile - This model has no movement or activation and cannot be knocked down, made stationary, placed or moved. Its front arc extends 360 degrees. It has no melee range, cannot engage, and is hit automatically by melee attacks.

Feedback loop - Each time a model within 6" of the arcane amplifier casts an offensive spell (including those by models with the Magic Ability special rule, but not animi), at the end of that models activation place a power token on the arcane amplifier. Each power token on the arcane amplifier REDUCES its current ARM stat by 1.

Amplifier - When a model casts an offensive spell while within 6" of the arcane amplifier, it gains a cumulative +1 to the attack and damage rolls of that spell for each power token currently on the arcane amplifier. Models within 6" of the arcane amplifier may not channel spells.

This can't be good - When this model is boxed, all models within a distance in inches equal to the number of power tokens currently on the arcane amplifier suffer a magical damage roll equal to POW 8 + the number of tokens currently on the arcane amplifier

Assassins' Redoubt Final Transmission

Last edited by Manus Celer Dei on Thu May 09, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Flesh and Steel 2013
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:44 pm 

Sweet count me in. if uni lets me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:23 pm 

Manus Celer Dei wrote:
List construction: players bring two 35 point lists each, with no characters being repeated across either list (unlike steamroller list construction, this restriction includes warcasters).

Do you mean including different versions of the same model? Eg. could you take Alexia1 in list 1 and Alexia 2 in list 2?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 pm 

Bloodyweaselkick wrote:
Manus Celer Dei wrote:
List construction: players bring two 35 point lists each, with no characters being repeated across either list (unlike steamroller list construction, this restriction includes warcasters).

Do you mean including different versions of the same model? Eg. could you take Alexia1 in list 1 and Alexia 2 in list 2?

hopefully my addition of a paraphrased and slightly edited SR2012 clarification may help.

Please don't hesitate to ask further questions. I really hope this is going to be a good event with a decent turnout, and all my effort in the world will mean nothing if I leave out anything important.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:11 pm 

Please if you are interested in entering the event, let me know as soon as possible as the more entrants there are, the more preparation work I will need to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 pm 

Manus Celer Dei wrote:
Please if you are interested in entering the event, let me know as soon as possible as the more entrants there are, the more preparation work I will need to do.

Count me in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:18 am 

I'm keen with my Khador. I know you're avoiding the SR rules, but will the missions be of a simillar style (ie control certain zones/flags/objectives to gain control points)?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:08 am 

Sounds good, ill probably come.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:57 pm 

Bloodyweaselkick wrote:
I'm keen with my Khador. I know you're avoiding the SR rules, but will the missions be of a simillar style (ie control certain zones/flags/objectives to gain control points)?

somewhat. Some missions may require one player to hold a point for a certain number of turns in order to win their objective, but the other player might have a completely different mission involving having a certain portion of their army within an area. Games will mostly end on caster-kill and objective points tallied up then, rather than ending on control points like in steamroller.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 pm 

Sounds like a bit of fun. Count me in.

I've never been to New Zealand before. But one of my role models, Xena, the warrior princess, comes from there.
Madeleine Albright

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:33 pm 

Hi-do you need just one 15pt list and two 35pt or two of both? I know about 3 or 4 people who will be keen for this! Cheers, Dave.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:25 am 

davey25 wrote:
Hi-do you need just one 15pt list and two 35pt or two of both? I know about 3 or 4 people who will be keen for this! Cheers, Dave.

Original post wrote:
two 35 point lists each

Quote:
single 15 point scouting force

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:54 pm 

I have to stress at this point that your 15 point list should be indicative of what your army would use as a SCOUTING force, as this will have an impact on your larger games.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:19 pm 

Sounds good, will be there. Now, which army?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:13 pm 

You should take Legion, new toys should be mostly out by then. Reexamining the date i think there is little chance of me bringing anything but Skorne. MAKEDA3 ftw!