South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:40 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Niccolo's Revenge
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:03 pm 

I'm setting up a campaign set just after the Italian Wars, the French and Spanish/Imperials have withdrawn to fight their own protestants, the Pope has withdrawn from secular politics to reform the church. Leaving the cities of Italy to slug it out on their own.
If you would be interested in being one of the 8 players (heads of great families in charge of seven of the cities, or the Doge of Venice) please either let me know on here, or by text or e-mail.

The public announcements will be made via this topic. Private ones by e-mail (anywhere) or text (NZ and Australia only).

Battles will be fought using the Pike and Shot PBEM system, so you need to have access to the game and the internet.

Its intended to be an easy, fun campaign, with a minimum of paperwork, and lots of battles and sieges.

So let me know if you are interested and I can send you the rules, and the map.

Andre

Post subject: Re: Niccolo's Revenge
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:00 pm 

Yes I shall help Nico get revenge. I have the game and am all set to go.

Luigi Condottiero

Tai, Tien, Di, Jiang, Fa.

Sun Tzu's 'The Art of War'

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:36 pm 

Welcome aboard Brian,

as first player entered you get first choice of which house you like to be, the choices are;

Borgia, (Brian Borgia the cunning sounds pretty right)

Este, (lost of scented hankies here)

Grimaldi, (sounds a bit serious doesn't it)

Medici, (absolutely The Renaissance Italian family)

Petrucci, (Sounds like they should do puppet shows really)

Toledo (Spanish upstarts)

Visconti, (classy name)

or the Doge of the Serene Republic (bit of a come down from being the Great Pasha of the Grand Porte for you)

so choose away

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:32 pm 

awesum4 wrote:
Welcome aboard Brian,

as first player entered you get first choice of which house you like to be, the choices are;

Borgia, (Brian Borgia the cunning sounds pretty right)

I agree, I am off to find a trusty Apothecary as I'm sure there will be many requiring my special herbal remedies...... :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:17 pm 

The following have indicated they also wish to take part in this campaign: Tilman, Kerry and Josh. So still need 3 (if I play rather than just umpire) or 4 more to get underway. Most moves will need at least 2 minutes of thinking (you only have 1 army) and as much or as little diplomacy as you wish to put in.

Can you three please tell me which of the families you wish to be, Borgias have been taken.

Andre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:00 pm 

After trying a test battle I found the Italians Vs Italians very confusing as all units have the same Flags. Can we try Italians Vs Swiss or French or someone else with a different banner ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:02 am 

Brian,

each year you nominate which of the Italian wars armies you will use for the coming year. Whenever you are the attacker in a battle you select that army for you to use, and then choose one of its historical opponents for your opponent to use. So there will be no identical armies fighting each other.

Tilman has selected the house of Grimaldi, Kerry is Toledo, and Josh being a good unionist is the Doge.

Andre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:57 pm 

awesum4 wrote:
each year you nominate which of the Italian wars armies you will use for the coming year. Whenever you are the attacker in a battle you select that army for you to use, and then choose one of its historical opponents for your opponent to use. So there will be no identical armies fighting each other.

As we are all Italians, how about the Challenger picks an historical opponent and the Challenged use the Italians ?

Means that the Italian Player can choose BGs appropriate for that historical opponent.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:43 am 

Brian,

you can discuss this option with your opponent before setting the battle up, I don't really care which two armies are used, just in the result. But the default system is set out in the rules.

We now have 6 players signed up, but as at least one of them is playing at Garagecon (who now need another player to even up the numbers), I will leave it until Sunday night before posting out the rules and maps. If we don't get another two players I'll run the two vacant positions, with them being neutral and passive unless attacked.

Andre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:51 am 

um, the rules where to be send sunday evening, that was yesterday, what now? Time Travel back seems more easy than forward at least ;-)

the grim Grimaldi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:08 pm 

Andre is rather busy at Mohacs dodging canon shot at the moment, hence the delay in matters of cartography.
King Louis II is getting battered by the Ottoman artillery and has many dents in his armour... :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:46 pm 

As soon as I figure out which end of the pike to hold and Andre sends out the maps etc, I'll be available to accept your surrenders.

Brent
Protector of Italy
Count de Visconti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:42 pm 

Maps, Rules and List of Personae Bellum have been sent out. Let the games begin.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:40 pm 

Visconti? Of Milano? The house of Scorpions? Protectors of WHAT?
This is so clearly an insult on natural the FREEDOM of us all, I can only recommend the true Italians rally to avoid this hardly masked bid for dictatorship!

Dang, the Grim Grimaldi of Genoa
Protector of Trade
Sponsor of all arts
of war

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:46 pm 

Dire la Verita

The Peace is Broken.

The fragile peace established by the Treaty of Ravenna signed only two months ago is fragmenting. The withdrawal of French, Spanish and German troops from the peninsula has not lead to demilitarization of Italy. Forces have been observed assembling from Milan in the North to Bari in the South. Eyewitness Pietro the Pig farmer from Soresina said "I saw more groups of soldiers than I could count moving towards Milan". So at least six companies passed through his small town.
Pope Alexander has called for peace and disarmament saying "We are no longer living in the dark ages, its 1498 after all, lets get modern thinking to replace medieval superstition"