South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:15 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do people still play Mordheim?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:10 pm 

Hello everybody.

I'm new to this forum (and in fact, new to the Christchurch Wargaming community).

Do people still play Mordheim around here? I've noticed several game organisation thingies on the Woolston sub-forum bit, but those all seem to be from last year.

If they do, when do you play? Where do you play? Can I join? What warbands can I use? Can I use non-GW figures? What is the meaning of the question of the life the universe and everything?

Moving right along, if people don't play anymore, would they be interested in a new campaign at the woolston club, perhaps every second week? What war bands would people more experienced then me suggest should be allowed (this is my first time in Mordheim, having lacked players who were interested before)? Would people mind if I used non-GW figures?

Sorry about the question filled post, but I know nothing, nothiing!

Post subject: Re: Do people still play Mordheim?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:54 pm 

Mordheim sounds like fun, I am just not sure if I have any suitable miniatures.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:54 pm 

Hi Falk.

What miniatures do you have? Are they GW or other manufacturers? If you could point me in the direction of some photos/websites so I can see what they look like that would be great! If I end up running the campaign I intend to be pretty lenient about figures as I'm not intending to use GW figures myself unless other people say I must (the Kings of War Goblins on Mighty Ape are Warhammer scale and much cheaper than buying the alternative).

Thank you for your prompt reply. I just need a one more person (I have two interested friends myself) and then we can get this campaign started!

Mr. E

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:38 pm 

Hi,

I'll be organising another Mordheim day in April. Make sure you keep an eye on the relevant sub-forum :wink:

We don't actually play a proper campaign we just try to have one Sunday a month where we play a couple to three games. People are welcome to turn up with new warbands or carry on with existing ones.

We don't care at all about where the model is from as long as it makes sense what it's equipped with.

You can use any warbands from main rulebook and most warbands from extra forums etc. as long as they are not broken: people are playing to have fun so this year I might put a limit on the number of shooting people you can have in a warband (thiking about 6 to 7).

That would be awesome if you can join us next time we play :D