South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:30 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Ancients at the Woolston
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:16 pm 

Only one game today, Brent & I playing 200pts 15mm ADLG.
Brent ran his Berber Army against my Romans with a Frank Ally.
Romans defended behind some fields and atop a gentle hill with the Franks holding the centre.
Big surprise .....the Berbers flank marched.....the Roman camp was looking tempting to the Berbers.
This is great, I thought, my three Commands will be over those two spear commands in no time........
Well the Franks did not think the same, they became very jittery when only 1 eagle flew overhead and they refused to advance due to this bad omen.
The Berber spearmen advanced into the face of the Roman Legion deployed on the right of the Roman line whilst the right flank of Berber Spearmen advanced to pin the Roman cavalry wing on the hill.The Berbers kept well away from the Franks not wanting to intimidate them whilst they were partaking of Religious Ceremonies and swearing great oaths......
The Roman Legion advanced across the fields and into the Berber Spearmen and Swordsmen, the Roman CnC leading the charge from the Front despatching a unit of Berbers in no time at all while the Auxilia flanked and despatched the Berber Swordsmen. On the Roman Left two groups of Hun Horse Archers swung around the Berber Left Flank and headed for the Berber Camp way in the distance.
This is going fantastically well I thought, then news came of a Berber mounted command heading towards the Roman Right Wing and Baggage camp.
The Berber mounted force flushed a group of 6 eagles into the sky above the Franks and hey boy! ... they were off into the nearest Berber Spearmen they could find.
An almighty melee then took place all down the line as the Roman baggage camp was sacked the two Berber Spear Commands were nearly annihilated, the Roman CnC charging into the rear of the last of the Berber left Flank Spearmen as the Berber Knights arrived within charge reach. The Berber camp was saved from the Huns when two Berber Javelin armed Light Horse ripped them to bits in very short time.
Both armies were close to breaking when the Roman CnC was charged by fanatical Christian Knights and killed and the Frank General, only a move away from sacking the Berber Baggage, was hit in the flank and all but destroyed by the two javelin Light Horse.
The Berbers with 24 points lost ( 1 point shy of breaking ) break the Romans with 2 more points than required.
Close win to Brent 24(25) Brian 22 (20)

another great game of ADLG with both sides riding the swings & roundabouts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:29 pm 

Two games of 300points 15mm ADLG today between Brent & I.
Brent is trying out army compositions and sharpening up on the Rule Set before heading off to Cancon in January. He fielded Warring States Chinese.
I am always sharpening up on the ADLG Rule Set due to a fuddled brain, and fielded a (imo) rather sharp army of Classical Indians, the Guptas.
Game one was short, sharp and brutal as the Indian elephants tramped the Chinese Infantry into the ground whilst all the Chinese Heavy Chariots and Cavalry sat back and watched until they could no longer stomach the carnage, turned and ran.
Good win to the Gupta Indians.

Game two saw a more staunch Chinese Army defending against a cocky bunch of Indians who had out deployed them and advanced menacingly along the entire front as well as sending raiding parties of Light Cavalry towards the Chinese baggage camp.
The Indian Heavy Chariots became rather impetuous disobeying orders and charged wildly into the fray when they were meant to be holding back allowing their Archers to shoot up the Chinese skirmishers. This meant that the entire Indian line had to advance into contact prematurely. The Heavy Chariots were massacred as were some Elephants and the Indian line crumbled after a dour struggle before the Indian Light cavalry could reach the Chinese Baggage camp.
Close but good win to the Warring States Chinese.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:26 pm 

Two games of 15mm 300 points ADLG between Brent & I today.
Brent has really improved and is looking good for Cancon after today's effort with the Warring States.
My Romans could make little headway against the Warring States in either game.
Game one was a complete Roman C...up where I flank marched on the wrong flank and played out 3 hours running away from the Chinese.
Game two was a line them up and charge, after two rounds of combat the Roman mounted wing was squished under chariots and the Legions all battered with two Generals lost in hand to hand combat.
Massive win to the Chinese. Well done Brent.
Next week will be different as the Indians are going to give the Warring States a run around..... I hope :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14