South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

South Island Wargaming, New Zealand.

It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:00 am

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CWC Club Update 10/07/2018
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:15 pm 

Hi all, Zane here (I found my account from many moons ago). Here's a wee update on things.

A downside of having me as your VP is that occasionally you get a slightly overlong essay on how things are going. So without further delay...

MEETING:
The committee will be having a meeting in the next few weeks. If you have any suggestions or comments, please let myself or Vincent know and we can raise them.

MERGER HAPPENINGS:
As you will have seen, the Cavs terrain, shelving and boards have been moved to CWC. Alan and I have been hard at work with handy cameos from James Piesse.

There is another shelf on wheels being assembled, and my mission this Thursday is to build another cupboard in the main terrain cupboard. Between that and cleaning out a *lot* of empty cardboard boxes in the dungeon, we have plenty of space to accommodate everything.

I have provided a list of Cavs members to the committee, so if you are a former Cavs member looking to organise CWC membership just advise whoever you are getting your card from that you are in for 2018/2019. If you have your Cavs membership card on you that is even easier.

THURSDAY NIGHTS:
As you Thursday warriors will have seen, we have been able to fit plenty of people into Top West, which is fantastic. However, it has been a touch dicey finding space for the last few arrivals.

Pre-merge, I stated there would be a map of the room with a somewhat efficient layout and use of tables/boards, so that there would be room for everybody. I have attached a link to this map and guidelines for our Thursday night gamers.

https://drive.google.com/…/1cxinjjpvdcdEhdmVNruD-SBIx…/view…

I will also put this on the club noticeboard. Note that it may change if we find it needs tinkering down the line. Sunday gaming is unchanged, as the numbers tend to be less concentrated.

GAMING MATS:
The people have spoken, and they are rejecting the green/grey/brown cloths of yesteryear. Instead, mousepad-fabric mats are all the rage.

We are aware that members would like these, and the plan is to pick some up. However there will be a little bit of a wait while we wrap up the merge and work out how much money we have to play with, which mats we want and how we go about ordering them.

We are also aware that everyone would like a piece of the action. The good news is that plenty of the mats are generic grass/mud/snow/urban/desert, so we will be able to not be racist to any systems.

TELL US STUFF:
That's about it for now - again, if you have anything you want myself or Vincent to raise at the committee meeting you will have to tell us - we aren't psykers, and even if we were we would have to execute ourselves for heresy.